In Progress Build: Dragonstrand Clear Cage with Custom Photo Background

Thanks! Here's the latest:

More "levels" were added throughout the uvb and basking areas. And an additional branch below it all that leads up into everything was added for it to climb off the floor if necessary.

Also got rid of the fantasy ferns and added more birds nest ferns. Got a nice large one for the top. Looks like it's coming right out of the background. :D

Photo Sep 15, 6 39 47 AM.jpg Photo Sep 15, 6 40 05 AM.jpg Photo Sep 15, 6 40 46 AM.jpg Photo Sep 15, 6 40 48 AM.jpg Photo Sep 15, 6 40 24 AM.jpg

This has to be one of the most beautiful enclosures I've seen on here. Amazing job my friend. I'm going to try and find these vines you used. Makes the whole cage look extremely authentic, like I'm sitting looking out a window into the Madagascar Jungle :) Excellent Job!

Wow.
Folks, when I started Dragon Strand my mission was to give us the tools necessary to better create naturalistic enclosures for our chameleons. I just love it when a customer goes beyond what I have imagined and creates something so beautiful it makes my jaw drop. This is the kind of enclosure that is the rightful centerpiece of the home! Exceptional job!!

Bill

Thanks for the kind words.

Bill, much of the inspiration was from your site...and of course all the great info on this forum. Except for the little pots (for now) I used your double pot technique too from your advanced cage setup. That was all very helpful info.

I should have my Chameleon by the end of next week.

The final accessory has been added: :)

Photo Sep 30, 12 40 24 PM.jpg

He's 4 months old and from Chameleon Paradise. Cage is a little big for him, but I spoke with Bruce and I have been "trained". :D

Sire: "Sourpatch"
Screenshot at Sep 30 14-13-09.jpg

I've seen a lot of cages over the decades. Also with working inside the pet industry I've seen a lot of "new" things pop over those years.

I can remember back to when a bird cage was the preferred option for a chameleon.

I've built some damn nice cages in my time. However I think I can say we as a community are seeing the final evolution of our designs... follow me.

To start with lighting has simply progressed in leaps an bounds. The system the poster purchased from Lightyoureptiles is that example.

Combine that with the cage. This new clear PVC cage from Dragonstrand addresses issues like cleanliness, humidity, ventilation, wall mounts, and access.

Short of us more experienced keepers doing a custom build in an outdoor setting I would have to say that this habitat could be the pinnacle of indoor housing these demanding animals.

Combine all that with having access to this forum and those that make it a solid place for experienced information, maybe we've got a fair chance now at keeping these animals long term (or at least as long as their life spans allow).

I would have to stay if anything our weak point now is foods (Availability) and nutrition (Which supplements and how often and which species needs what). It is a subject many of us are all over the spectrum over. Despite that, we are much farther along in that category than we were just 10 yrs ago.

Very Lucky Panther that one. Where did you get those branches and do they have a name or a company?

Someone told me it might be grapevine? I found it in a bin at a local shop...looked like it was sitting there a long time. It was a store brand. I'll have to see if I can find out what it is.

Bill I have ordered 2 sets of dragon ledges from you because they are awesome and today I was able to share your site on a Facebook group that haven't heard of your amazing products.
Your set up is really amazing Rick I love the "branches" you have used, what are they? It looks amazing and looks like a very happy home.

Bill I have ordered 2 sets of dragon ledges from you because they are awesome and today I was able to share your site on a Facebook group that haven't heard of your amazing products.
Your set up is really amazing Rick I love the "branches" you have used, what are they? It looks amazing and looks like a very happy home.

Chameleon people that have never heard of Dragon Ledges? What?!?! I shall flog my marketing manager!
Thank you for sharing :)
Bill

Yah, I may do the foam, but have some other ideas first I want to experiment with. But for now, I'm just waiting a bit to see how these plants do.

As far as the vines guys, I don't have any other info yet.

Back
Top Bottom