In and around the GOC picture heavy!

Thanks everyone! I was sooo happy when I finished it. I couldn't believe I had that thing in my yard. I've dreamed of housing lizards in my yard since I was a little kid and my parents bought me an Iguana for Christmas when I was 10. I kept Iguanas for 25 years. When we finally bought a house it was only a matter of time.

I'm going to start on another "bank" of cages to house my Jackson's hopefully before Summers here.

Thanks everyone! I was sooo happy when I finished it. I couldn't believe I had that thing in my yard. I've dreamed of housing lizards in my yard since I was a little kid and my parents bought me an Iguana for Christmas when I was 10. I kept Iguanas for 25 years. When we finally bought a house it was only a matter of time.

I'm going to start on another "bank" of cages to house my Jackson's hopefully before Summers here.

I was just about to ask you about if you were planning on making some for your Jacksons colonies. They mostly probably could stay outside year round. Have you got any idea if you are going to use the same kind of screen for the Jacksons GOC?

I'm pretty sure I will use 1/8" gavlinized hardware cloth. I have used it in the past and it worked well. I want to be able to release flies and stuff in there and it is big enough to not mess with their toenails.

I was just about to ask you about if you were planning on making some for your Jacksons colonies. They mostly probably could stay outside year round. Have you got any idea if you are going to use the same kind of screen for the Jacksons GOC?

I'm pretty sure I will use 1/8" gavlinized hardware cloth. I have used it in the past and it worked well. I want to be able to release flies and stuff in there and it is big enough to not mess with their toenails.

Yeah small enough to not let flies out for Jacksons to hunt all day in the So Cal sun. 1/8 hardware cloth is what I normally prefer and have had positive results with. There is supposed to be a plastic coated 1/8 inch hardware cloth however it is expensive and can be tough to find a retailer. Good luck and keep us posted.

I searched for it but couldn't find any. There is a guy back East that makes screen cages and he has some screen that is bigger than the normal window type screen. The place I got the screen for the GOC didn't know of any 1/8 PVC coated screen.

I searched for it but couldn't find any. There is a guy back East that makes screen cages and he has some screen that is bigger than the normal window type screen. The place I got the screen for the GOC didn't know of any 1/8 PVC coated screen.

It has been a long time since I have seen that PVC coated 1/8. There may not be a manufacturer that currently makes that kind of screen anymore. Normal 1/8 hardware cloth should work good. Plus if you eventually find a source for the PVC coated hardware clothe you could upgrade the cages.

Back
Top Bottom