I TOTALLY wussed out :(

JaxKiwiTiger

So I was totally ready to breed my 2 Jacksons today, and it almost happened. I think being able to successfully breed your pets and raise a healthy clutch is the pinnacle of chameleon care and quite an accomplishment. It's exciting, enthralling, and I really wanted it. Or so I thought.

So I put Jax in Kiwi's cage...he was a bit lost at first, but as soon as he noticed her he immediately started w/the head bobbing and made his way toward her. She didn't budge, so I knew it was going down. He made his way on top of her, which was actually kind of a funny sight since he's smaller than her. Once he got into position, I wasn't sure what was going on...I saw his "thing" but it wasn't exactly making contact with her. Rather, this white string of stuff was slowly making its way out onto the side of her leg. At first I was confused, and thought maybe that's where he puts it, then uses his feet to put it inside of her :confused: But then I realized, that was his sperm plug. I wasn't sure if Jacksons had one, but I guess that answered my question. I've raised them since they were babies, so I knew they were both new to the experience.

Once the plug was out, I had this vision of my wife hating me for all the future time and money I would be spending w/the babies once she gave birth. So I grabbed the hose, sprayed 'em down w/some cold water, and took 'em off before he was able to do the copulation. It was the worst feeling in the world, but I don't regret it. I probably shouldn't have let it happen in the first place. I want Jackson babies but I think I need to get my wife on board 100% first. Just to be sure she's okay with the commitment.

I totally wussed out!! Give it another month, maybe?? My only worry is that she might not be okay w/it anymore. Guess that's just the risk I'll have to take.

Well I guess it depends on what you want more. For your chameleons to have sex, or for you to:D I think maybe you should try to research it a bit more anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom