I need help on Supplement

cham702

So I'm going to get a panther next month and I need to know what kind of Supplement to get for it I'm still getting it's home ready and other stuff I need to do...

Most people use a phosphorus-free calcium powder at most feedings...a phos.-free calcium/D3 powder twice a month and a vitamin powder containing a beta carotene source of vitamin A twice a month since beta carotene won't build up in the system. If you need to provide prEformed vitamin A, it can be given using a different vitamin powder less frequently so that you don't overdose the chameleon.

Calcium, D3, vitamin A and phos. are all important players in bone health and need to be in balance.

Gutloading, UVB light and temperature are all important in the health of the chameleon too.

Most people use a phosphorus-free calcium powder at most feedings...a phos.-free calcium/D3 powder twice a month and a vitamin powder containing a beta carotene source of vitamin A twice a month since beta carotene won't build up in the system. If you need to provide prEformed vitamin A, it can be given using a different vitamin powder less frequently so that you don't overdose the chameleon.

Calcium, D3, vitamin A and phos. are all important players in bone health and need to be in balance.

Gutloading, UVB light and temperature are all important in the health of the chameleon too.

hey thxs for your post

I use a calcium powder (RepCal brand) on every cricket and superworm. Not heavily coated, just lightly dusted. I use calcium with D3 (again repcal brand) once or twice a month. I use a vitamin supplement (also repcal brand)once or twice a month also, but not the same day as the D3. I feed my roaches dog food kibbles twice a year, in order to provide a limited amount of real Vitamin A to the chameleons, because my vitamin supplement only has beta carotene (which is safer but some say not as effectve).

Back
Top Bottom