I have to brag on a local pet store!

MollyT

A month or two ago, I was shocked to find the chameleons at he local Petland living in horrible conditions. One was suffering from MBD and I even witnessed a worker abusing the sick animal. Anyway...I haven't been back there since. I have never liked giving my money to that store anyway. Well, right across the street is another pet store, only this one is locally owned with, I think, 3 other stores in nearby cities. They specialize in coral reefs and fish. The usually only have one or two puppies, but they have great looking beardies and iguanas...and their snakes also look really healthy. I have always been impressed with them, but never saw them with a chameleon. Then, when I last went to get Kush's insects, I noticed a new screen cage and ran over to it. It was a baby veiled!! He looked GREAT! His cage was set up perfectly, his lights and everything were right on. Everything about him looked great! I was so happy to FINALLY see a pet store doing right by chameleons. The best part is...they only wanted $60 for her! The Petland wants $120 for a veiled. I couldn't believe that they didn't double the price like most stores do. So, I have to say...if anyone is ever in the Ashland, Kentucky area, and wants to know a good place to get a chameleon or any reptile, go to Berts Pet Center. They are great!

Last edited:
That is so nice to hear!! You should tell the pet store about giving great feedback on the store. Then you could tell them about the forum. Someone there must know chameleons.:) and either way they will be happy to hear what you had to say to all of us.

Great news! It's nice to know that some pet stores actually care about the animals they sell! Thanks for the positive input Molly, I was feeling pretty discouraged by pet stores earlier this week! :)

Thats awsome!! Nice to hear of a good shop and that you took the time to say so. Too many people forget to share the postives in life so often.

That is so good to hear, now if we all could get the other pet stores in the world to follow that type of care.

good job by the store and you!
i feel it is important that we share these
feel good stories about feel good stores!

2001 called, they want their veiled prices back. Then again i think i paid $200 for mine in the early 90's

That is a good idea! I think I will call to let them know what a great job they are doing. It is so rare that I hear about good reptile treatment at pet stores(especially with chameleons). I just HAD to say something about this place. I fell in love with that little girl veiled! Such a little cutie, and SO healthy! I'm definitely proud to give them my business. Oh, and the PRICES!! Wow! I couldn't believe they barely charged more than a breeder!

ETA: I just noticed in my first post that I referred to the baby as a he. I must be used to writing about a boy cham since that's what I have, bc it was a little girl. Not that it really matters in this post, but I did then refer to it as a she in this post. Just thought I would clear that up.

He's doing great, thanks for asking! I think he is actually getting a bit tamer! :eek: We have had to get him out to put a bit of medicine on a little burn mark on his casque, and he hasn't been NEAR as bad as he was. He hasn't even tried to bite. I can't believe it!

How is Kuzco doing? Still acting like a little ham, I hope!

That's great! I have a local petsmart that seems to care for chameleons ok, but they are way overpriced! Local stores like the ones I have (PetParadise and PetNeeds) are better in many ways!

Back
Top Bottom