Husband has been diagnosed w/ PTSD

kokom05lb

Well I don't know if anyone reads my posts but I'll do a refresher.

My husband who has served in the U.S. Army for the last 10 years, with 2 tours in Afghanistan, was diagnosed with PTSD this morning. He just got out of service last month and has done his VA claims. He had a dr. Appt this morning and the dr diagnosed him with 2 minor concussions (recurring migraines daily) and PTSD. We will know in May how bad it is. He also has a MRI appt to possibly have another surgery on his knee. We are hoping for at least 50% disability. Also if it is bad he may get a service dog. But we will see.

Best wishes to you - rough stuff. I'm very glad you guys found the medical help you needed. This condition is more common than people realize - the good news is that there is treatment! I know someone who has a "Service Animal" and guess what it is? A chameleon!
He's allowed to fly on airlines with them even. I love that!

That's awesome! He has Ringo but I would like to get him something special if it can be a chameleon. Ringo isn't impressed with my husband unfortunately

As a combat vet with many friends that have been diagnosed with PTSD, I can say that many of them have made great strides using service animals, if it is an option, I highly suggest the program.

I'm so sorry about your hubby. I have PTSD, but I haven't served in the military.. its not fun at all. The flashbacks are awful and so are the nightmares, not to mention crowds... I really hope that your husband finds something to help him. For me its animals and drawing. And being around children.

What kind of service animal? Or is it just like a pet that he gets to have 100% of the time no matter where he goes?? That would be awesome.

Again, I'm sorry :( I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers<3

On top of PTSD my husband was diagnosed with insomnia today. We're still waiting to see if VA is going to give him a higher rating for disability. They don't want to put him on any meds since he does go to school and works. If I could get a job I would just tell him to quit and he could get some sleep. Well try to.

Back
Top Bottom