humidty issues

kuskye25

looking for sujestions for adding humidity to my closet i made into a enclosure 7.5ft/tallX5ft/WX3.5/deep, currently i clean every other day but i keep a moist towel on the hole ground surface, good sized water dish 16"x9", i mist 3 to 5 times a day and have a water drip system.....

I use a humidifier, think i paid like 43 bucks for it. Just dont know how you could put that in your cosset without making to much of a breeze

i got a fogger that goes into my screened water dish, i keep my water dish full at all times now, it makes a hole fog mist on the bottom of the enclosure so it looks like a rainforest floor, pretty sweet, humidity was 20% now its 60% after 24 hours of running the fogger......

Last edited:
I am not sure you can use this in your closet or not but with my screen cages I tape wewe pads YES the ones dogs pee on around 3 or 2 sides of their cage and it keeps the humidity up in my cages try it out.

Warer fountain

I have water fountains in several of my cages. I cover the bottom with screen wire so the crickets don't go in & drown. My chams drink out of the cascading water and it's great for the humidity. You only have one veiled in a cage that size? Laurie

with all due respect, cham-keepers usually shied away from water fountains as they're prone to become a breeding ground for bacteria.

Some thoughts:
Cover 1 side or 2 side with shower curtain,
a humidifier outside of the cage,
adding live plants,
adding misting cycles and use dripper.

I have water fountains in several of my cages. I cover the bottom with screen wire so the crickets don't go in & drown. My chams drink out of the cascading water and it's great for the humidity. You only have one veiled in a cage that size? Laurie

yes its a screened water dish 1ftx2ftx6"deep works great, i feed with a feeder cup so no drowning in anyhitng anyway, yes jsut one cham. in this enclosure...

with all due respect, cham-keepers usually shied away from water fountains as they're prone to become a breeding ground for bacteria.

Some thoughts:
Cover 1 side or 2 side with shower curtain,
a humidifier outside of the cage,
adding live plants,
adding misting cycles and use dripper.

as i said earlier i clean everyhting every other day on the bottom of the cage, and the water dish so there is no bacteria building up, and im still going to add a shit load of stuff, few more live plants and vines.... thanks guys i jsut needed help with humidity and now i have fixed it...

i was having same problem. i live in Co. the temp right now is 21 degrees. the heater has been running a lot and zapping my humidity. i covered the back side of cage and one side with plastic(cage is screen all but bottom), also put a few plants on out side of cage. there are allready three in cage. that got the humidity from 41% to 65%. room humidifiers help. mine has adjustable temp gauge so it isnt allways running. basking lamp bulbs can effect your humidity also. i found 100W as compared to 75W made a difference of about 12%-15% in my case.

OK,

first, if you try to keep humidity too hi in that room * over 40%* you are going to end up with a mold problem. shower curtains are a good idea, but they have a serious build up of bacteria and mildew if they sit wet for to long.

the Drywall, or wood what ever is covering the walls will absorbe a ton of moisture like a sponge, then you will have problems.

you probably will end up having to very tightly line the walls with plastic, invest in 4 humidifiers, that pump out visibile mist. set them at the top on a shelf.

the pee pads, do have a chemical in them.

like i said guys problem fixed im in the 60%'s for humidity at all times, this issue is done, thanks..... i have tons of animals and i have a daily cleaning/feeding routine almost an hour of work everyday all different types of animals, and im self-employed. my signature only lets me list half of the animals i have at this point...

Back
Top Bottom