humidity issues.

niels99

hi there

im planning on getting myself a cham in my self-built 60*60*70 cm breeze cage. and i was wondering if temperatures between 25-32 degrees celcius 77-90 fahrenheit and a good wet substrate would be enough to keep humidity levels high enough for the chams. i know it depends on what kind of cham im getting, my doubts are between a female furcifer pardalis, or a female kinyongia tavetana(heard the tav needs high humidity).

please help me out and all the best from holland

niels (pronounce kneels)

Most people advise against using a substrate because the cham might pick it up when snatching up food or just may decide to eat it and that can cause health issues. Most people will cover at least a couple sides with plexiglass or with plastic like a shower curtain to help hold in the humidity, and also lots of live plants. At that point it is just trying it out and seeing what you need to adjust.

Substreight will definitely help with your humidity, however it needs to be done right, and with the right type of drainage. I find it only necessary for the higher demanding humidity requirements. Like was said real plants do wonders, as well you could pump in humidity by way of a cool mist humidifier. A lot of us cover the back and the sides as well seems to help a lot. However I would suggest you get yourself a good digital hygrometer, and place it towards the middle of your enclosure to see where your humidity is before you make any decisions as to what needs to be done next. Of course you'll have to decide which cham you are getting as well. Good luck I hope I've been of some help.

Ty guys alot. Really helps me Out. Think ill Just cover three sides with plexiglass and three with mesh. And use a dripper of course

Back
Top Bottom