Huge Humidity Problems...Please Help!!!!

gumbycham

Im having huge problems keeping my humidity up. My house is really dry and my terrarium is in my room. As soon as I finish misting to get the humidity up to 60, it drops back down into the 30s within 30 minutes. I know humidity is very important and I want to be taking the proper care of him. I tried putting a flannel blanket around the terrarium leaving most of the top and the front open. This did help raise the humidity but he was really freaked out by it. Im going to go get some real plants for him and hopefully it will help out a bit. I wont be able to get them until friday though... so are there any suggestions to fix my problem(question mark...my button just broke on my cpu right now lol)

you can try a substrate moisten it alot but put a netting over it so he/she doesnt eat it and live plants help alot if you dont already have some.

Real plants help and a cheap, stress free way to enclose the cage a little more is to use clear shower curtain liner (usually like $3 at walmart) and cut it to wrap around 3 sides of the cage and just use tape to secure it to the frame. It's not air tight and the top and door are still open so ventilation is still good. And if you get the clear plastic your cham won't notice it and most of the time no one else will either! If it's really bad you can get a cool mist humidifier and place it next to the cage. I have one on a timer that comes on for 30 minutes every few hours (cheap christmas lights timer) and it keeps my humidity in the 50-70% range, which is perfect for me!

okay thats great info!!! Also I have an auto mister that came with the terrarium, but i was told not to use it until he gets a little older, he is only 3 months old right now

Back
Top Bottom