how to feed chameleon super worms

Feed them like they are treats. Max 2 a day is the common recommendation. If youre looking for another base feeder try dubia roaches, easy to find, breed and keep. Other roaches is ok as well, my chameleon enjoy Turkestan cockroaches as well, Sometimes glowspot roaches but they are not his fav. Locust Is also a considerable feeder.
If the superworm is not eaten it will most likely pupate. Its their respond to be separated from the others. My chameleon still enjoys them even if they're pupated since they still do wiggle but from what I've heard the beetles are supposed to taste bad and are not preferred. But they work well as cleaners for bioactive setups

My wife refuses to let me have roaches anywhere near the house. :( I mean, it turns into an argument that she is capable of throwing out stuff that I guess I did (I certainly don't remember) 20 years ago. :confused: It might have something to do with the 250 crickets I dropped in the kitchen a year or two ago...:eek: The house chirped for weeks..

She has to allow crickets and worms, as it was HER who bought me my first Cham as a surprise gift several years ago. :cautious:

Hold the worm either in the palm of your hand so your Cham can see it crawl around or you can hold it by the tail and the top half will whip around. Either way works for most Chams.

Either way will get you this(y))

heroic eating... :)

Back
Top Bottom