How not to start a Saturday ( Vandalism)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry to hear your loss :(

If i saw kids stealing anything from my house/car/etc I would have no qualms about throwing punches. I would risk jail time.

If i saw an adult break into my house or steal something from my car he would get shot. My state is "defend your home" state. I would prob go to jail for shooting someone breaking into my car, but my house. You might get shot by me and my wife since we both own handguns.

I have no tolerance for thieves.

I hope you catch em

I have a zero tolerance for theft especially when its my own things let alone this is how I provide for my family. But I couldnt come to hurting this kid as much as I wanted to. But please all read this if they will steal poor little lizards then they will rob us blind if they could . I know the economy is terrible but this cant be the only way to make money. Im sick to my stomach and I cant even eat I have no appetite.

That really really sucks! The kids might have stolen them to sell them as well. I mean 75 babies is a lot. You might want to check on craigslist for anyone selling veileds. If you get an e-mail reply, you can just go to the police and they can probably track them. In socal, certain breed of dogs are being kidnapped and then "rehomed" on craigslist. I hope you resolve this soon, cause those kids probably don't know what the hell to do with those chams. :mad:

This boils down to education. Kids have a 'natural deficit' right now because their parents really ARE sue happy.

Here in BC, no one goes on field trips anymore because of liability issues due to parents suing schools over broken ankles or broken arms while out camping.

I don't know how it is down there, but the nature of children is being taken right out of them by taking the actual NATURE away from them.

One way we as a reptile community can help is to give talks at schools. I'm sure Veiled Guy that if these kids saw these chameleons at a presentation at school, were educated about them, understood their natural value and you displayed a connection/relationship/emotional value with them, this would not have happened.

It's ignorance, and the only cure for ignorance is education. PROPER, logical education, not religious education!

I went to a Catholic school and they teach you that man is above every animal in every way. There were so many kids in my grade and other grades that would CUT GARTER SNAKES IN HALF, THROW TOADS AGAINST THE WALL, STEP ON SALAMANDERS. It's sickening. But that's an example of illogical education.

It takes a village. We play an important role in restoring the natural defecit in children because we are educated about reptiles and need to SHARE it.

Knowledge is not knowledge unless it is shared.

I do and help out with reptile/amphibian presentations at elementary schools and I'll tell you first hand that these teachers are ecstatic about having you in.

Either way, that sucks and I hope you find all or at least most of your chams!

I'm sorry, but I have too make a point.

I happen to be 14 this year and I'd like to think I'm a respectable citizen. Most people these days think that all kids from 13-18 are back-sassing crooks who will steal anything if they get the chance. When, in actual fact, it is the minority of teenagers who are letting the rest of us perfectly normal, well behaved people. I'm sick and tired of people putting all kids in one group.

Im sorry to hear your loss :(

If i saw kids stealing anything from my house/car/etc I would have no qualms about throwing punches. I would risk jail time.

If i saw an adult break into my house or steal something from my car he would get shot. My state is "defend your home" state. I would prob go to jail for shooting someone breaking into my car, but my house. You might get shot by me and my wife since we both own handguns.

I have no tolerance for thieves.

I hope you catch em

YESSS!!! that's what i love to hear!:D

It's a shame someone didn't catch these kids and convince them that they were going to get beat up or killed.

Pulling a gun on someone who is violating your property is legal, as you do not know what they're doing. Wouldn't have helped much in this caseunless you caught them and deained them with it. Regardless, deadly force is deadly force, and pointing a gun at someone, even without intention of shooting, is deadly force.

That kid who you caught was in on it. He was just slow. Call the cops, call his parents. You will find out who did this, and they will have to pay. Sure, the monetary amount isnt' the same -but it will help. Especially since those little bastards will be working all summer to pay back their parents*.

* this is assuming quite a bit of their parents, unfortunatly. Could be the parents are no better.

Slap in the face

Well I walked down the street to just look around and the kid I let go who I swear on my own life(not others cause I could be wrong) is in on it. His dad is a police officer, UNREAL. :D

Kinda off topic, but on the subject of "lazy humans who don't take responsibility for thier own mistakes/actions". We used to put our business name on our vehicles, "Angelus Furniture" along with our address and phone number. We removed them after recieving several fraudulent claims from the insurance company. People see a car with a buisness name and assume, "Oh they are a business they must be covered". "Yeah...they hit my car when I was in the store shopping". Owning your own business is tuff nowadays. We get people that special order goods and then decide they don't like them and call the credit card provider and do a charge back, and try to keep the goods. Sorry pal....things dont work that way. You bought it...I special ordered that sofa in lime green...it's YOURS! Own up to your mistakes like a responsible human and do the right thing. I had a customer who drug out a claim over a sectional for several months, that he ordered in the wrong configuration. He ended up wining, since most card providers could care less about business owners, and we had to eat the used product, which was now "used" and could not be resold.

I'm pretty dang sure karma got that guy, as it's mighty hard to get in your car to go to work when it's on its roof.;)

-Jay

Well I walked down the street to just look around and the kid I let go who I swear on my own life(not others cause I could be wrong) is in on it. His dad is a police officer, UNREAL. :D

Go have a chat with his Police Officer father and tell him that this morning you caught his son and his friends trespassing on your property, performing acts of theft and vandalism. Invite him and the kid over to look at the damage and talk about what should be done. The kid will most likely come clean about a lot under this kind of pressure, and the father probably knows exactly who he was with without having to ask. The father will not be happy to know that his son is trespassing at the least, and especially unhappy that he was most likely trespassing to commit theft. I mean his excuse for being on your property at the time was pretty lame, if you see someone break into a house and run out... Do you go stroll into the house to take a look?

It's a shame someone didn't catch these kids and convince them that they were going to get beat up or killed.

Pulling a gun on someone who is violating your property is legal, as you do not know what they're doing. Wouldn't have helped much in this caseunless you caught them and deained them with it. Regardless, deadly force is deadly force, and pointing a gun at someone, even without intention of shooting, is deadly force.

That kid who you caught was in on it. He was just slow. Call the cops, call his parents. You will find out who did this, and they will have to pay. Sure, the monetary amount isnt' the same -but it will help. Especially since those little bastards will be working all summer to pay back their parents*.

* this is assuming quite a bit of their parents, unfortunatly. Could be the parents are no better.

Well Said! As a kid (Im now 16) when i was 11.. i cut down trees in my neighbors yard, i was making a Tree fort... when i was caught, my ass was RED! i think this is the right way.. Because kids dotn learn by being sent to their rooms to play Xbox and talk on the phone... i disrespected my neighbor, and embaressed my mom. I deserved a BLUE ass.. she went easy on me.. now im not saying im beaten, i havent been hit in 2 years, im saying i LEARNED.

I believe if you phone that kids parents, that kid will speak, kids nowadays are totally DISRESPECFUL and UnControlable. Ive been told by my mom (Who used to be a foster parent) kids say things like "You do this, ill phonen the cops" Crap like that, which scares the parents into letting there kids do whatever the hell they want... NOT MINE. my mom would say Phone em !

Parents need to step up and Disipline there kids instead of saying like JJ said "This is why i dont take you anywhere" My mom woulda Been So PISSED OFF at me, and make me work all summer to pay off the guys snake..

Anyways.. buddy im very sorry bout your chameleons and i hope you do catch those kids.. Those Sob's need to learn their lesson.

Do not use violence, like someone said previously.. you catch the kidfs and make them pay.. Theyre parents would Beat some sence into them by the time there home!.

Phone the cops once you catch the kids, i wouldnt file a report when they're there, but if you do, just for the money and damages.. and For the cham... phone the cops though to scare the hell out of the kids! Maybe ask the officer to handcuff andput them in the backseat, Just to scare the sence into them.. My mom did this for when my buddy stole something from a corner store.. i was with him, she did this and i was SCARED Sh**Less.

I believe ive grown up to be a pretty good guy.. im now 16.. not around doin drugs.. drinking and stuff, in fact ive never smoked.. drank.. done any sort of drugs.. Im not around Whoring it up with people.. and i thank my mom for this.. She raised me this way, and i believe this is how it should be.

Sorry for the longs post :rolleyes:;)

I'm sorry, but I have too make a point.

I happen to be 14 this year and I'd like to think I'm a respectable citizen. Most people these days think that all kids from 13-18 are back-sassing crooks who will steal anything if they get the chance. When, in actual fact, it is the minority of teenagers who are letting the rest of us perfectly normal, well behaved people. I'm sick and tired of people putting all kids in one group.

You are absolutely right. It is NOT all kids. Some kids are great citizens. Some kids are well behaved. Some are not. I would have never even thought as a kid to do something like this. My kids would not even think of doing something like this. When you are a parent teaching REPSPECT of others is a very key lesson.

a simular thing happend to me. I would post hundreds of posters in the area saying, "chameleons stolen from breeding ranch any tip leading to perpatrators will be rewarded with *say* $100.00." you would be suprised at how quick someone will rat. i had a skate board stole from in front of my house. i polluted the area with flyers, two days later the kid responsable's mother came and ratted him out. I called the police, filed a complaint, they found the skate board and other stolen property. it did take 2 months to get that skateboard back though. they held it for evidence, but in your case they would probably return them post haste. this wasn't just any skate it was a sucicidal tendancies shmitt stick from the 80's, vary rare.

Go have a chat with his Police Officer father and tell him that this morning you caught his son and his friends trespassing on your property, performing acts of theft and vandalism. Invite him and the kid over to look at the damage and talk about what should be done. The kid will most likely come clean about a lot under this kind of pressure, and the father probably knows exactly who he was with without having to ask. The father will not be happy to know that his son is trespassing at the least, and especially unhappy that he was most likely trespassing to commit theft. I mean his excuse for being on your property at the time was pretty lame, if you see someone break into a house and run out... Do you go stroll into the house to take a look?

yea this is probably the bets plan yet!! I bet it will work great:D

If this happened to me... There would probably be no end to what I would *say* I would do the kids, it just makes you feel better to say you would smash there face in;)... I really doubt anyone here would literally act like a murderous maniac in the situation... I hope.

If this happened to me... There would probably be no end to what I would *say* I would do the kids, it just makes you feel better to say you would smash there face in;)... I really doubt anyone here would literally act like a murderous maniac in the situation... I hope.

I agree, its all to take your anger out till you can think rationally. Those kids should be scared sh@$tless so that they will never forget their mistake:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom