how do i keep humidity up help

Automatic misters are the best way to go. They're not as cheap as people might think, but they are so worth it. Maybe someone at your house can mist? (if that is your case). It just isn't a good idea leaving them without water for that long.

Automatic misters are the best way to go. They're not as cheap as people might think, but they are so worth it. Maybe someone at your house can mist? (if that is your case). It just isn't a good idea leaving them without water for that long.

ok i have a waterfall for him that i am setting up tomorrow :D so water isnt an issue but im worried about humidity

ok i have a waterfall for him that i am setting up tomorrow :D so water isnt an issue but im worried about humidity

Water falls aren't too great for Chams... They hoard bacteria... But in my opinion if you put it in there take it out and clean it and replace it with Fresh water everyday..

Yeah, you'd need to be on top of that waterfall. And, if it has a catch pool of any depth at all you want to cover that with mesh because your chameleon can fall in and drown. If you have real plants, are they in clay pots? If not, maybe repot them into clay. It holds water like you wouldn't believe. If that seems hard, even soaking down some clay pots and putting them around the bottom of the cage will help.

If you don't have live plants, that is your first step.

they sell humidifiers at petco there 60$ but so worth it, i have two for my cham i got one for a good deal and they keep the humidity perfect, only downfall is you have to fill it with water in the morning and at night but if your going to school it would be perfect

In summary:

1: Live plants
2: Put live plants in Clay pots
3: Ultrasonic Humidifier (The ones at drug stores work just as good an are cheaper in my opinion)
4: Misting system (Aquazamp, Mist King are both site sponsors that make good products)

An ideal set up would combine all of the above utilizing a terrarium computer that is set to go off when the RH reaches a certain level and also could control the basking lamp to control the temperature.

I think in reality depending on your species of Chameleon 6 hours is not a big deal. A Veiled or Panther would be fine if you misted before you left and after you got home, in fact most of the commonly available species would be fine with that assuming you're not in the desert...

In summary:

1: Live plants
2: Put live plants in Clay pots
3: Ultrasonic Humidifier (The ones at drug stores work just as good an are cheaper in my opinion)
4: Misting system (Aquazamp, Mist King are both site sponsors that make good products)

An ideal set up would combine all of the above utilizing a terrarium computer that is set to go off when the RH reaches a certain level and also could control the basking lamp to control the temperature.

I think in reality depending on your species of Chameleon 6 hours is not a big deal. A Veiled or Panther would be fine if you misted before you left and after you got home, in fact most of the commonly available species would be fine with that assuming you're not in the desert...

loooooooooooool the computer would be for like a parsons or some really needy chameleons, or rich people with money to spend

loooooooooooool the computer would be for like a parsons or some really needy chameleons, or rich people with money to spend

I've been looking into the eco zone or the digital aquatics plus another that isn't a sponsor here. They really aren't that expensive for a basic set up plus there are a few controllers that can run off of a lap top.

Most people spend more money on cable TV in a few months than the cost to set up one of these. I hate TV and prefer chameleons, I can keep more if the upkeep is partially automated! :)

I've been looking into the eco zone or the digital aquatics plus another that isn't a sponsor here. They really aren't that expensive for a basic set up plus there are a few controllers that can run off of a lap top.

Most people spend more money on cable TV in a few months than the cost to set up one of these. I hate TV and prefer chameleons, I can keep more if the upkeep is partially automated! :)

really? so the sight sponsor one was a little on the exspensive side.

Warmgreenandslim
oh also go check out good will with a small jug of water they have a whole bunch of ultrasonic humidifiers there try a couple your bound to find one
(dont get the heat humidifiers they cause respiratory problems)
and as for the fountian id take it out and not use it i had one and my chams ignored it and i had to clean it a lot

really? so the sight sponsor one was a little on the exspensive side.

I disagree when you take into account the value of your Chameleons (monetary and emotional) the ability to be secure that you can leave overnight and know everything is okay is worth a lot more than the 400 or so dollars these things cost.

I don't have one yet but am saving to get one (I haven't decided exactly which one yet and am still doing research). They even have units available that can send you text with status updates. Talk about peace of mind! To me that is a million times better than a new I-pad, cable TV for 2 to 6 months depending, or a single car payment on a decent car or whatever else people are shelling out 400+ bucks for on a regular basis.

Granted a lot of people are students, underemployed, or have already blown their fortune on feeders I just think it is worth prioritizing finances to improve and make more consistent your husbandry in any way possible.

Back
Top Bottom