Holy crap! more hatchlings!!!!

BIGGUN

Avid Member
I've just gotten the first 21 hatchlings figured out (they hatched a week ago).
Now the next ones are hatching at less than 5 monthes. They were laid on April 12th.

The babies seem healthy so far.

Has anyone else had them hatch at such an early age? If so did they make it OK? If not what do you think was the problem? (underdevelopment of what)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

sounds like your other clutch woke them up early cause they were in the same container. My guess is that they might be weaker than the other clutch.

just moniter them n feed them when u can. . don't let one get dominated cause there eating more of the food. . thats ur best bet.

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. This is the first day I've had off. And dealing with 48 babies takes it's time too.

The first clutch must have caused the second clutch to hatch early. All other clutches are now seperated into their own coolers so this won't happen again.

As for the 27 hatchlings, they are 14 to 18 days old and are eating pinheads.
All 27 eggs hatched and all 27 are still doing good. The first clutch of 21 is also at 100% so far.

Kevin

They are Ambilobe panthers from Icefyre (in my avatar).

Here is one of the little guys eating. :)

oct_5_feeding3.jpg

Here is how I'm housing them. It's the best I could come up with. :rolleyes:

baby_setup.jpg

Any comments on the setup?

Thanks,
Kevin

that leaf the baby is on, looks like you have alot of excess suppliment in when powdering your feeders... might want to cut back a little bit on the amount, as the bodies will only hold so much.

Sang,

That happens when I first shake them out. It doesn't take long for them to lose the extra powder when crawling around. The plants get washed daily to get rid of excess powders and droppings.

Rocky,

I'll be posting when they're ready.

Nicodemayo,

Humidity around here seems to be at a premium. Even in this enclosure it stays at 60-70%. There seems to be plenty of air movement in the house to stir up the air through the mesh top.

What humidity should I shoot for?

Kevin

Humidy sounds fine to me, its stagnant air that would worry me. But your saying its fine so ill take your word for it. I see alot of users on here use tubs with fake plants. I put hatchlings straight into baby cubes with live plants and a 25w light. Max temp is around 84 and i mist 3 times a day, just enough to get water on the leaves and top of the screen and the humidity stays right on with the lowest being about 50%.

I think they're the smallest screen cages that sort of looks like a cube. They're actually 16" x 15" x 20". I was thinking of getting one when I got my first cham, but opted for the kammer's starter package instead.

Correct the 16x15x20" cages are the "baby cubes"

Back
Top Bottom