His Eye Is Not lOokIng ToO gOod...

alexcoppola

my 4 month old cham kongo has been having his left eye closed ffor a little wile now i try to mist him directly to maby flush it out but its weird because sometimes it will be closed and kinda sucked in and sometimes he looks perfictly fine... i will try to take pictured the next time i see it closed... anyone know what i could do to help him, maby a vet??

my 4 month old cham kongo has been having his left eye closed ffor a little wile now i try to mist him directly to maby flush it out but its weird because sometimes it will be closed and kinda sucked in and sometimes he looks perfictly fine... i will try to take pictured the next time i see it closed... anyone know what i could do to help him, maby a vet??

Thats the same thing with my female! i posted like 4 under yours . . . check it out, it's under Help Please . . .

I think we're both in the same boat here, same eye too! looks fine, checked it and there appears to be no sign of eye infection, but she closes it randomly!

Please fill out this form completely so that we can have all the needed info to try to help you with the eye problem.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Also you have a few chameleon vets in your area.

LA area vets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attila Molnar, DVM *
All Animals Medical Center, Calabasas, California - (818) 591-2773

Daniel Reimer, DVM *
Adler Veterinary Clinic, North Hills, California - (818) 893-6366

Thomas H. Boyer, DVM
Pet Hospital of Penasquitos, 888-F Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego, CA - (858) 484-3490
Pet Hospital of Penasquitos

Todd R. Cecil, DVM
Pet Emergency and Specialty Center, Chula Vista, CA (619) 591-4802 and La Mesa, CA (619) 462-4800

Tom Greek, DVM
Greek & Associates Veterinary Hospital, 23687 Via Del Rio, Yorba Linda - (714) 463-1190 or (866) 940-7028
www.tomgreek.com

Last edited:
My Panther had/has the same issue with his eye sometimes its closed and he is moving it around and other times its just fine. I took him to the vet and they said that he is low on his Vit A and so they gave him a Vit A shot and ever since then his eye has been great no issues at all.

It would make you much more serious if YoU aRe AbLe to stop writing this way and you a . and a ,
Please fill in the sheet, at the moment we didn't even know about which species we are talking !

does it really bug you that much how i write the headline lol if soo then dont read my post..... and i have been really bizy that is why i did not fill out the help list.

Hi, i am having exactly the same problem with my chameleon. His left eye has been closed for over a week now. he is a yemen chameleon and roughly 8 - 9 weeks old. his eye seems to be worse in the morning and after a clean with a saline solution he will open it again and perk up. Also he seems to be opening his mouth very wide to 'gasp' for breath every now and again, and there is a slight discharge from his nostrils. Did u manage to find a solution to your cham's problem cos i would love to know it!

Hi, i am having exactly the same problem with my chameleon. His left eye has been closed for over a week now. he is a yemen chameleon and roughly 8 - 9 weeks old. his eye seems to be worse in the morning and after a clean with a saline solution he will open it again and perk up. Also he seems to be opening his mouth very wide to 'gasp' for breath every now and again, and there is a slight discharge from his nostrils. Did u manage to find a solution to your cham's problem cos i would love to know it!
It would also be beneficial to you and your chameleon if you would also please fill out the how to ask for help form. In addition to the eye problem, You chameleon may have a respiratory infection. I would advise you to do this asap.

Back
Top Bottom