Hey everyone check out our new feeder Katydid we are working with

Yeah they are kind of freaky looking...... I hope I can get over my small fear of them so I can work on making them a feeder. But if i can't then I will just go get the giant stick bugs :) your parsonii boy and girl would love these Texas giant stick bugs ;)

You'll have to help me get a colony going. ;):p;):p

Lol she got mad and was showing how mean she can be today:) we have gotten almost a 1000 eggs from this one female.
001-6.jpg

005-2.jpg

004-9.jpg

Dude, I was in Hempstead this weekend and there were hoppers EVERY where! I was totally wishing I had a net! If I had your number I woulda called you! Lol :D

Dude, I was in Hempstead this weekend and there were hoppers EVERY where! I was totally wishing I had a net! If I had your number I woulda called you! Lol :D

Net:confused: We are TEXANS man we dont need nets.... I like the run like hell and grab method it works well:D:D:eek:

Man how did I miss these?? I mean I know everything is bigger in Texas but com'mon!! These things are incredible...that's it I am going to have to visit my sister n Dallas and see if I can't find some bugs. Pretty bad when I haven't visited for 7 yrs and bugs might get me to visit :eek:

Man how did I miss these?? I mean I know everything is bigger in Texas but com'mon!! These things are incredible...that's it I am going to have to visit my sister n Dallas and see if I can't find some bugs. Pretty bad when I haven't visited for 7 yrs and bugs might get me to visit :eek:

Lol I have been saying it for years man everything really is bigger in texas:D our bugs and even some of our chams. look at hades:)

you will have to go a little more south texas then dallas to catch these though:( I got these in austin area:)

I'm lucky. I work in ATX and San Antone and I live in Houston. Bugs, bugs and more bugs! If only I'd get out there and catch em. ;)

Geez that is crazy. Forget turning them in to feeders. If they eat other insects sell them as hobo spider eaters up here and you would make a fortune. Pet Stores will buy them to hunt down the loose crickets, just have to make sure you have your chameleons in a cage so they dont disappear lol.

Red Eye Devil, Neobaretta spinosa farming worked?

How did that killer katydid experiment go? Mine just lad some eggs and I'm wondering what to expect. Can't find a thing on raising them other than your announcement that you are trying some. I'm guessing about a month to hatch, bark or sticks to use molt in, plenty of bugs to eat... How bout a report? Thanks

Lol because I dont want to loose it they are fast real fast :) I need to post a pic of my giant wide horn hisser in my hands that thing kind of freaks me out its even bigger. And yeah man they are all around and that isn't nothing we got stick bugs that are about 8in. Long and as thick as my ring finger. I am going to collect some of those this weekend and start a colony with them too :).... Also we have a grass hopper here that I haven't caught yet because they fly really well that is bigger then this katydid :) everthing is bigger in TEXAS lol.

I wanna see PIC of u holding this giant hisser lol

Back
Top Bottom