HELP Worrying Bump on my Chams side

Hello guys, I am a new chameleon owner, really excited to finally have one of these guys. I bought him about a week ago and recently noticed a strange bump on his side near the top of his rib cage. His enclosure is outdoors, he eats dusted crickets, is about 3 1/2 inches snout to base of his tail. He is active and a great hunter. I'm have done research but can't find any helpful answers to this weird bump, I really hope it's not but I think it's a broken rib. Please let me know what you think and how I can hopefully fix it. You can see the bump best in the last two pictures in the middle top of his right side
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Do you see the bump near his spine in the middle? It's the only bump on his body and looks like it's on his rib. I don't know but I just am worried about it

Ok, see it. Has it changed in size or consistency? Options are to wait and watch or take to a vet for a needle biopsy. Not really excited at this point.

It only really appears when he is puffed up or stressed, when he breaths or changes size it isn't as noticeable. I guess I will keep an eye on it, limit handling him and go to the vet if it worsens, thanks!

It only really appears when he is puffed up or stressed, when he breaths or changes size it isn't as noticeable. I guess I will keep an eye on it, limit handling him and go to the vet if it worsens, thanks!
It could also be an airsac pushing on the side from the inside. This would explain why you see it when he's puffed or stressed. In this case its nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom