Help? What should I do?

Katrinaa

I am all set to order a baby panther chameleon...
Today I went to the pet store just to get some last touches and saw an adult veiled chameleon really upset. She is being housed with an adult male and she is beyond stressed.. She was black and hissing so I asked to see her and I took her away from where she could see him and she was so happy. Just completely content walking around my hands and turned a beautiful pastel green with orange bands.
I want to take her out of this situation but I'm only set up for a baby..
Will she be okay for a little while in a smaller terrarium until I can upgrade to a custom one? Or is it better if I leave her there:(
As soon as I put her back she was stretching to try to come back out and turned black again instantly:(
I just don't want to take her to put her in a worse situation since I'm only set up for a baby at the moment....

It's an exo terra. Maybe 18x18x40 I think. But I just put a lot of money into setting up so I won't be able to upgrade immediately. Though she will be out a lot because she is so friendly and happily handled.

Oh she will LOVE that amount of space without a male. It's FINE!

I encourage you to do what you can to get her at the lowest price. Also inform the store that they actually are breaking that code.

Thank you so much! I'll go back tomorrow and get her. Poor girl:( it just broke my heart because she is so extremely sweet. And the whole time she's in that cage she is just black and hissing:( I guess they've been like that for months too:(

Is there a sheet like this for Ohio that you know of?! All the pet shops in my area have veileds in the smallest and worst conditions:mad: Petsmart and Petco, they make me sick!! I'd love to hand this over to their managers and then report them since I already know the responses Ill get.

I'm just scared of making er worse off in a small cage:( so y'all thinks it's okay if I take her home?

Thank you guys so much!! I will get the poor girl tomorrow! They said she's about 9 months right now. And that she may be carrying a clutch.. Wish me luck!

:mad::mad: Ok nevermind just looked at the state by state laws that the born free usa website provides and turns out ohio is a crap state!!! No officials here give a rats a*@ about animals! I guess I'm not that surprised...cant wait to move!

I will for sure!! I volunteer in the morning at the wildlife centre here, then I'll go straight out in my dirty smelly scrubs to get her!! I'll set everything up completely tonight too!

Back
Top Bottom