Help!! Very odd behavior

Well I can give you some advice, I would bump the mistings to four times a day, but otherwise this most likely wasn't your fault. You weren't doing anything from the sounds of it that would kill him that immediately. I honestly think this was a breeder error and nothing you did. I am sorry for the loss of your buddy. Hopefully you will get another and better chance when you are ready.

Well I can give you some advice, I would bump the mistings to four times a day, but otherwise this most likely wasn't your fault. You weren't doing anything from the sounds of it that would kill him that immediately. I honestly think this was a breeder error and nothing you did. I am sorry for the loss of your buddy. Hopefully you will get another and better chance when you are ready.

Thank you for the kind words.
I don't know what I will do. I'm very upset over all of this. I did a couple months of research and had the cage all setup before even finding a Cham to buy. I contacted the breeder yesterday and not much sympathy there. I don't have the money for another panther so I may just take the cage down and maybe down the road set it up again. I just don't want this to happen to me again. He was a real stunning animal, man would it have been awesome to watch him grow...

Thank everyone

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You only had him a few weeks and the breeder isn't willing to take any responsibility in this?

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You only had him a few weeks and the breeder isn't willing to take any responsibility in this?

Im not convinced it was his fault because I have know clue what the problem was that caused the death. I would like to not blame myself but I'm not positive what happened.

9-15-2016 I received the cham
9-16-2016 I noticed the odd behavior. I sent this message immediately to the breeder on 9-16

"Hey ****. I'm having a problem. That cham keeps going to the bottom of his cage. When I checked on him this morning (lights were off) he was on the floor of the cage sitting in some water from yesterday's misting. I don't know if this is normal? He was pretty cold. I turned the heat lamp on, put him back on his basking branch and he again went to the floor. Basking spot is 83, tank temp is around 70 at the bottom. Ideas? I also put some crickets and superworms in there for him and he hasn't eaten yet. Kinda worried"

He gets the text and calls shortly after. He told me to switch out my household 40w for a zoomed 40w bulb and switch my reptisun 10.0 for a 5.0, both of which I did right away. That's all the advise that was given to me and said everything else was good for him in my enclosure.

10-3-2016 my girlfriend and I both realize he is going downhill fast. I put this help thread on the fourm because I was desperate and needed any advise to help save him.

10-8-2016 cham passes away

The breeder I got him from has over 100 chams, and told me none of his chams have their own cage. When I texted him last night (10-8) all he said was "Sorry to hear. The other one that was in his cage with him is doing great."

Which I take as pound some sand. The Cham I got was very expensive as they all are. I don't have any money for a new pet unfortunately.

And to be completely honest, I don't think I would want another from that breeder. I don't know if living his whole life outdoors or having a tank mate with him contributed to this. The breeder did say that he was the less dominant of the 2 in the cage.

The fact that he was living with another chameleon when he was that large would explain his malnourished look. He probably wasn't getting enough to eat. He was probably also stressed continously over at the breeders. That is bad breeding I definitely would not go back.

Back
Top Bottom