Help update

I just asked her and she changed her freaking mind no she won't let me
If she changes her mind, just let me know. I don’t know what your weather is like right now, but if it’s warm enough, take him outside for some natural sunlight. Let him sit on a plant of something and stay with him. Just for about 15-20 minutes of sunshine…it may help.
Force feeding will only kill him faster. Please do not do that.

They won't let me do anything, they won't let me give her to a rescue, they won't let me buy a light, all that keep saying is to force feed her
I am sorry hun... And I hate being blunt with people. Without the right everything she will get worse until she passes away. If your temps are warmer than 65-70 outside you can take her out in the sun for UVB. you would want to do this at least a few times a week. But even then I am not sure if it is enough.

When this one passes away... Please do not get another one. I am not trying to be mean just save you the heartache of watching another one slowly die.

I am sorry hun... And I hate being blunt with people. Without the right everything she will get worse until she passes away. If your temps are warmer than 65-70 outside you can take her out in the sun for UVB. you would want to do this at least a few times a week. But even then I am not sure if it is enough.

When this one passes away... Please do not get another one. I am not trying to be mean just save you the heartache of watching another one slowly die.
I know, I realize that I was very irresponsible and now my poor chameleon is suffering from it.

Is there any medicine that I can give her?

I know, I realize that I was very irresponsible and now my poor chameleon is suffering from it.

You are a child... It is not your burden to carry to buy the right items. I hope you will not blame yourself as the choices are not yours to make.

No medicine... Try getting her out in the sun. Follow the info I gave above about it. Natural uvb will help if the temps outside are right. Not too cold and not too hot.

You're not answering the questions...so I can not tell you what you need to do to fix the MBD…so this is my last try to help you. If you don’t fix things in the next couple of days it will likely be too late because your chameleon will be dead. To the parents…I am not a vet….I just give my opinion from my 30+ years of chameleon experience and what I’ve learned on the way.

So….here’s the information you need…PLEASE SHOW THIS WHOLE POST TO YOUT PARENTS SO THEY CAN HELP YOU UNDERSTAND.

Chameleons get MBD (weak bones and muscles) when they don’t have enough calcium to make their bones and muscles, etc strong.
We give them phosphorus free calcium by dusting it on the insects just before feeding them to the chameleon. Dust it lightly. Just giving them calcium won’t make the bones strong because the calcium can’t get into the bones without the right amount of D3 to take it into the bones.
When a chameleon has mbd it’s recommended that you give it a liquid calcium for a while as well to help the bones recover faster. You may need a vet for this because it needs to be the right one. A visit to a good exotics chameleon Vet is still the best option anyway IMHO.

The chameleons get D3 either from D3 supplements we dust the insects with or from sitting in sunlight outside with no glass or plastic between them and the sun or from the UVB light bulb. We use the supplement twice a month…so the first day and the 15th day of the month and then let the chameleon make the rest of the D3 it needs from the sun or the UVB light.

The best two UvB lights are the 5% Reptisun long linear tube light or the 6% Arcadia long linear tube light. Your parents will understand this if you show it to them.

The chameleon also needs vitamin A twice a month. it needs to be prEformed vitamin A. It should not be given more than twice a month because too much will cause the chameleon to get health problems.

Your chameleon also needs to be fed insects that are the right size to fit into its mouth easily. The insects should be healthy …so we want to feed the insects right. Crickets, roaches, super worms can be fed greens such as dandelions, kale, collards, endive…and veggies like squash, zucchini, sweet red pepper, sweet potato, carrots.

To digest the food, your chameleon needs to be warm enough…so the cage temperature should be in the high 70’s F during the day.

You need to provide water by misting the cage a couple of times a day as well.

To the parents…I am not a vet….I just give my opinion from my 30+ years of chameleon experience and what I’ve learned on the way.

This is just to get you started…there are other things that you need to do to keep the chameleon healthy once you’ve got it to survive and back to good health.

I hope you and your parents will commit to doing this or take the chameleon to a rescue today.

Hun we told you before you have to have the UVB light that has the long bulb and fixture. The screw in UVB bulbs do not work for chams they put out very very low levels of UVB. Without the correct UVB they develop MBD which eventually cripples and kills them. You said your parents bought these for you. Did they return them when the other chameleon passed away?

I am not sure where you live but I really think this chameleon should be surrendered to a reptile rescue. Without the right lighting and set up they die. These are one of the hardest animals I have ever kept and extremely expensive. And I am and adult that has the resources to provide the right everything. They still are a lot of work and expense.

They are not an animal I would ever recommend for a young person due to how hard they are to keep alive.
guess I'm an exception

🥱

Overall, the situation at hand is less than desirable. However, it has come to my attention that some individuals have utilized the same dual fixture for their chameleons and the chameleons have lived a full life. I am not suggesting that this justifies the current situation. Rather, I am offering a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness. Nonetheless, I do recommend exploring alternative solutions, particularly if the chameleon has other concerns that require attention.

You are a child... It is not your burden to carry to buy the right items. I hope you will not blame yourself as the choices are not yours to make.

No medicine... Try getting her out in the sun. Follow the info I gave above about it. Natural uvb will help if the temps outside are right. Not too cold and not too hot.
Ok, I will take her outside it's just whenever I do she turns black and tries to run away

Everyone here has tried to help you. But without your parents support in this situation not much else we can do. I do hope you can fix this because it's the chameleon that's suffering. We don't in any way blame you. Adults sometimes don't make great choices in pets.

I will, where do you live?
I live in central Florida by Cape Canaveral (where the rockets are launched). You previously said you were in Atlanta, which is over a 7 hour drive for me. That’s quite a drive, but if I can save your chameleon it is worth it to me. As I said though, I don’t like driving in the city so would ask for your parents to meet me outside of the city.

Back
Top Bottom