Help! Skin burn?

Chester222

Attached are pictures of my cham's skin. Large, dark spots on his belly, arm, and tail, all on one side only. My herp vet is a friend of mine. I emailed him pictures and he thinks it might not be a burn, but rather some kind of irritation caused by something in the cage rubbing against it. He told me to watch it and bring him in if it gets worse...I think it's a burn. A week ago it was light is color and I thought it looked like shedding skin, and now it's turning darker.

What do you think this is??

Attachments

• P1010547 resized.jpg
    P1010547 resized.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 224
  • P1010543 resized.jpg
    P1010543 resized.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 177
I have a female that had bruises similar to that from an aggressive mating. It could be a burn, fungus or infection though. I would try putting some silvadene on it and watch for any spreading. Have you changed the lighting situation in case it is a burn?

It is to help heal and prevent infections for burns, I use it for bad bruises also. It won't help if it is a fungus but it is really good to have on hand

Good looking on the Silvadene. I am making a cham first aid kit. I work at the hospital and so i have access to syringes, needles ext. I just bought some Reptaid and this sounds like it would be perfect for my kit. I happen to work on Labor and Delivery and we carry Erythramycin (very similar to Terrmycin) for babies eyes so I got pretty lucky with that!!

Back
Top Bottom