Help! Should I be worried?

Andie

Avid Member
My 1 year old Panther has been slowly developing a white rostrum and I don't know why.:(

He recently went through a long hunger strike and even ingested several small pebbles, which he passed without incident. He's now eating just fine, and very active.

His feeders get dusted with the usual vitamins/supplements etc...

I believe he's also well hydrated because of his droppings and how much he enjoys his long, daily showers.

Any ideas?
IMG_3472.JPG
IMG_3473.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3473.JPG
    IMG_3473.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 36
He looks good in those pictures. I wouldn't recommend the showers every day though. Is he lethargic and anyway? Also sometimes I find when they have a hard shed that takes a while they stop eating for a little bit just in my males

He looks good in those pictures. I wouldn't recommend the showers every day though. Is he lethargic and anyway? Also sometimes I find when they have a hard shed that takes a while they stop eating for a little bit just in my males

By "showers", I mean I mist him for a few minutes each morning. He's very, very active, constantly moving around his cage. The tip of his rostrum has been getting whiter each day, over the course of a few weeks.
Could it be fungus?

Oh I thought you meant take him into the shower. Because that's what I do with mine that have eye problems other problems.
Is his mouth all cheesy. On the inside send more pics if you can. Beautiful boy though

Also do you notice some rubbing. Cuz that's when Rostrum happens from either glass or a hard metal. That I'm aware of happens a lot to water dragons

Either I guessed wrong what a rostrum is or I don't see anything wrong with it.
I know how it is sometimes you get so attached to these we look for anything that is wrong and we see one little thing we think it's something

My 1 year old Panther has been slowly developing a white rostrum and I don't know why.:(

He recently went through a long hunger strike and even ingested several small pebbles, which he passed without incident. He's now eating just fine, and very active.

His feeders get dusted with the usual vitamins/supplements etc...

I believe he's also well hydrated because of his droppings and how much he enjoys his long, daily showers.

Any ideas?View attachment 169514 View attachment 169515
He is rubbing more than likely. Mine has completely rubbed the scales off the front of his nose from digging and scratching the top part of the cage. I need to upgrade to the XL.

Could this be fungus? Can anyone direct me to articles about this?
He is rubbing more than likely. Mine has completely rubbed the scales off the front of his nose from digging and scratching the top part of the cage. I need to upgrade to the XL.
Hmm....I hadn't considered that. Would it make the skin look white, though?

Back
Top Bottom