help!! please help!! Emergency!!!

jamenryder

Please help!!! I just came home and found her like this!! She started shedding when I left, but this is what I came home to!!!

Please help!!

Attachments

• IMAG1256.jpg
    IMAG1256.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 233
OMG poor thing she needs a vet ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing anyone on the forum can do for her right now she needs a vet. Is she still breathing?
IMHO I wouldn't waste her time on here.

Another note I would keep her tongue moist with damp paper towel and call the vet to get her in.

oh no thats horrible:( yes you really need an emergency vet, i really hope she gets better but ring the vet quick. good luck:(

By the looks of her she has spaghetti legs. This cham is not healthy and I would say the poor thing has crossed the rainbow bridge.

Chameleons are masters of hideing illness. She's been sick for awhile and now it has manafested itself. Not much you or a vet can do at this point. You can take her to a vet and find out what happened. Sorry.

By the time I hit post we lost her. Poor thing. I feel horrible. We are so sad. Anyidea why this would have happened? She was showing no signs that we noticed of being sick, she even was shedding :(

By the time I hit post we lost her. Poor thing. I feel horrible. We are so sad. Anyidea why this would have happened? She was showing no signs that we noticed of being sick, she even was shedding :(

So Sorry for your sudden loss, I just had one pass yesterday that was also sudden fine one minute and gone the next. As for what happened its hard to say without having a Necropsy done by your vet. Again I'm so sorry and your in our prayers.:(

Why there would be a momen wasted on a forum is beyond me. I'm very sorry for you little guy!

OP just said that she died by the time that she hit post so calling a vet and driving her to the office would have yielded the same result if that's any consolation.

That is such a sad pic :( I'm so sorry :(

Shedding takes a lot of energy for a chameleon and maybe it was just too much for her and set her over the edge of an existing ailment.

I didn't mean to waste time, I was hoping for some time saving tips to keep her with us until we found a vet, but it wouldn't have made a difference, we found her too late.

ohhh... man that is sooo sad im so sorry to hear that you lost her that is such a shitty thing as said earlier they are the masters of hiding any sickness which leads me to believe that there was nothing you could do imo

I dont care if you had a fighter jet you would not of saved her. Glass enclosers are tricky especially in hot parts of the country. Euorpeans use them because the weather is not condusive for warm weather loving chameleons. If I had to guess I would say respatory infection due to past experence here on the forums.

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your little one. Even if you would have already had a vet ... as you said by the time you found her it was just too late. Please know my heart goes out to you at this very sad time.

Really sorry about your Cham :-( I was just looking at the picture again and the Cham looks really wet there's drips hanging off the feet could it be possible that when she was shedding she was sprayed with water and it just shocked her too much as someone else said shedding takes a lot of effort?
I'm no way an expert just a theory, but anyone else think that's possible?
Again really sorry bout her :-(

jamenryder...so very sorry for your loss.

Without more information its hard to know what happened. A necropsy might give some answers. There is no way to tell if it had a respiratory infection from that photo or to know what else was really wrong with it....all that can be said is that it looked very sick based on its hanging from the branches, hanging its tongue out and from the way its holding its body.

Again, so sorry.

Sorry for you loss :( I hate that feeling, my condolences

Chameleons stick there tongue out when they pass *(typically) and the chameleon had water dripping off it. Like it was just misted.

Its unknown, but if you do decide to get another cham please come post your setup first. We will aid anyway we can

Again, sorry for your loss :(

Back
Top Bottom