Help new Pygmy trouble!

sophiechameleon

Okay so I would appreciate help from everyone that knows anything about pygmy chameleons. First off can you please tell me if my terrarium set up is good enough for this little guy?

I had done a lot of research on pygmys before buying this guy from fl chams. Well to my surprise my research didn't pay off because when i received him he was actually "playing" dead! He would close his eyes and not move and i would even touch him to see if he was dead and he wouldnt even move or open his eyes. Then he would magically open his eyes and start moving. I was so scared and thought he was dying. So I contacted Mike from fl chams and he told me that this was normal behavior for pygmys. I am shocked by this because I have read many threads on pygmy's and none of them talked about this behavior. Has anyone heard of this before?? Well please just help me if you can and give me some advice to make my new pygmy more comfortable. :confused: :confused:

Attachments

• DSC03066.jpg
    DSC03066.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC03067.JPG
    DSC03067.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 116
hello , playing dead is comon for pygs when they get scard theyll even drop from a plant to the ground if threatened. like the terrarium, i would add more plants ann trees they like to hide and the fun thing about terr. is you can actually plant the plants and make it more like thier natural habitat

hope this helps good luck!

hello , playing dead is comon for pygs when they get scard theyll even drop from a plant to the ground if threatened. like the terrarium, i would add more plants ann trees they like to hide and the fun thing about terr. is you can actually plant the plants and make it more like thier natural habitat

hope this helps good luck!

Thanks for the reply! Would he be more comfortable in that cage if I got another pygmy for him? And do you think I should free range feed him or should i get a feeder bowl for him to eat out of?

well for feeding i do both ifree run crickets and use a bowl buried in the dirt for baby dubias small super worms and anything else i dont want wandering around in the tank :eek: and if you get more be ready for babies!

well for feeding i do both ifree run crickets and use a bowl buried in the dirt for baby dubias small super worms and anything else i dont want wandering around in the tank :eek: and if you get more be ready for babies!

do your pygmy's eat everyday?

and that seems like a great idea with burying the bowl in the dirt!

i feed my adults every other day 3 each, my juvis every day 3 each, and my babies eat as much as thet want twice a day

Back
Top Bottom