Help ID fecal float photos

Looks like nemtode and eggs but at what power is the pics?
Don't forget what you see is what you can get if you are not carefull.

I believe they were all taken at 400x. Eggs? What eggs?

Don't worry I was wearing latex gloves from start to finish.

Looks like Tapeworms and Strongyloides or maybe a adult pinworm too me some Panacur treatment will clear that up. They look way to big to be coccidia. post me a few more pics at x10 and then at x40.

So I did my very first fecal floats tonight and wanted some help to confirm my findings.

Here are the photos

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Well hello mr.pro feces analyzer.

Lol. No not a pro I just have looked at a lot of fecal test:rolleyes: And I am getting ok about knowing what I see. So far I have found what came up on a fecal gave the right med. and bam clean. So I guess my guesses are right 9 times out of 10.

Is it possible that they are all bacterium? Both the samples I found these in were older samples. The one new sample I had I found nothing but bug parts.

I would really like to see those slides at X10 and X40. that would help a lot Rob:)

Next round I will take some lower powered shots. everything is cleaned up and put away tonight and I didn't think about taking any low powered shots tonight:eek: I will do better next time and post them in this same thread. I will also try and work with fresher samples;)

Is it possible that they are all bacterium? Both the samples I found these in were older samples. The one new sample I had I found nothing but bug parts.

They look to much like a egg to be any Bacterium. And the fresh sample came clean so thats a good sighn that could mean they are not that infested or the adults have not made that many eggs.. make sure and let your floats set for at lest 20 min.

They look to much like a egg to be any Bacterium. And the fresh sample came clean so thats a good sighn that could mean they are not that infested or the adults have not made that many eggs.. make sure and let your floats set for at lest 20 min.
Thanks for the tip. My instructions said 15min so these were on the early side at about 14min.

Na a smear is just rubing the stool across the slide then add a drop of sterile water to the smear before adding the cover.

Yeah I have never had good luck doing it that way It is always hard for me to see:( I took my uro up to my vet and asked the best way to do a smear and he told me to get it right out of there rearend so you know whats there so thats what I was thinking when you said that lol.

Back
Top Bottom