HELP I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovin_peanut

image.jpg
My Chameleon is acting really weird she is so slow slower than she normally is and she hisses when I walk by her cage so I covered her cage up with a sheet and I left a peep hole so I can look throughbut she is just stressed out and I don't know why is that what happens when they start getting their eggs because I think she's too young so I don't know what to do she's acting different she used to want to come out of her cage all the time and she was so friendly and she never hissed at me she won't step foot in her egg laying bin and I did everything the instruction said online so I need help

-My chameleon is 4-5 months and I have had her for about 4 months/ she is a female veiled chameleon
-I handle my chameleon about every other day unless she is grumps
-I feed her 6 medium crickets everyday/ worms and flys every other day after the crickets and I do not gutload worms but I do give crickets flunkers orange cubes
-I give her zoomed reptile calcium dusted crickets three times a week and I put zoomed reptisafe in her water and fogger
-I have never seen my chameleon drink except once but her eyes looked hydrated till a couple days ago and I fog in the morning
-her poop is half white and half orange so that is also why I am worried
-I have a one foot by one foot by three foot tall screen cage and I have a laying bin
-I have a 40 watt uvb light for daytime and 40watt blue night light
-I have a temperature of about 80 degrees through the whole cage except the basking spot and when the fogger is going it goes down a little but my basking spot is like 85degrees
-no live plants
-my cage is not near any vents and it is about a foot off the ground

No night time lights. If her poop is partly orange she needs more water. How long are you misting for? She needs a different gutload for her crickets. More veggies and a better dry gutload that is not anything Fluker's. Fluker's have little to no nutritional value. She will probably eat veggies herself too. The reason she is probably getting aggressive is she is becoming a teenager. Most likely going to be like this a while. You also aren't dusting right, she needs plain calcium every feeding except twice a month she needs calcium with D3 and the two times a month she needs a multivitamin.

strive for solid white urates. if there is any orange or yellow mist more often. she might be starting to get some hormones and not wanting to be messed with. as for the slow moving can you give an example like is she having a hard time getting around? I'm unsure about the premade cricket food, may be good but I like to use turnip greens they have 15%calcium and you can tell when the crix have a full belly with a deep green color. good luck

No night time lights. If her poop is partly orange she needs more water. How long are you misting for? She needs a different gutload for her crickets. More veggies and a better dry gutload that is not anything Fluker's. Fluker's have little to no nutritional value. She will probably eat veggies herself too. The reason she is probably getting aggressive is she is becoming a teenager. Most likely going to be like this a while. You also aren't dusting right, she needs plain calcium every feeding except twice a month she needs calcium with D3 and the two times a month she needs a multivitamin.
image.jpeg
I bought a new basking bulb because I didn't think 40watt was enough heat so I bought a 75watt basking spot lamp and this is how she reacted as I turned it on

I like to stay around 82...In this picture she looks hot, that is what my Blanche does after we have been outside for to long on hot days. you could try moving the light father away or changing the bulb back. have you read up on how to reduce egg production in females? laying eggs takes a lot out of them by reducing clutches and clutch sizes you extend her life. good luck light and love to you and yours.

also your temps should have a good 10- 15° f difference from what the basking spot is perhaps a bigger cage could help with a bigger range of temps. if you can I strongly recommend free ranging but this isn't always possible and be sure you're prepared if you try this.

Back
Top Bottom