Healthy?

Chsellis

At a glance can anyone tell me if my veiled looks healthy? He's a little over a year old but he's been lethargic lately I feel like he looks pale especially in the casque
20160825_124101.jpg

Attachments

• 20160825_123952.jpg
    20160825_123952.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 118
If his behavior seems different then usual and he's lethargic when he's usually active then these are signs that something is wrong. Don't wait and see if it changes on its own. It could be his set up is too small or not enough foliage so it's stressing him out. It could be a vitamin deficiency, because he's not getting enough D3 or calcium and other vitamins such as vit A through his feeders and dusting. He could be bored with his feeders and isn't eating as much as usual or not drinking enough making him feel sluggish and weak. It could be he's not getting enough D3 because his UVB light needs to be changed every 5-6 months. Or his basking spot is too hot or too cold. All these can cause stress which can lead to sickness. As a chameleon grows their needs change and that has to be adjusted accordingly. Think it through and see if there has been any changes that might be stressing him out.
Such as change in temperature, you're running he AC more, or more activity around his cage then usual etc.

At a glance can anyone tell me if my veiled looks healthy? He's a little over a year old but he's been lethargic lately I feel like he looks pale especially in the casque
View attachment 165286
The casque looks fine. The casque markings often get a little paler as the cham ages. When you say "lethargic" what do you mean? Remember, when a cham reaches his age they are not growing, eating, or patrolling their territories as much because they are feeling settled and secure. Nothing may be wrong, he's just less reactive than he was as a teenager. Also, he may not eat every day...I like to give adults a snack one day and a full feed the next. Helps keep them interested. If your UVB light has been in use for 6 months replace it. Some time basking outdoors might give him a boost too.

The casque looks fine. The casque markings often get a little paler as the cham ages. When you say "lethargic" what do you mean? Remember, when a cham reaches his age they are not growing, eating, or patrolling their territories as much because they are feeling settled and secure. Nothing may be wrong, he's just less reactive than he was as a teenager. Also, he may not eat every day...I like to give adults a snack one day and a full feed the next. Helps keep them interested. If your UVB light has been in use for 6 months replace it. Some time basking outdoors might give him a boost too.
He's sleeping during the day especially after a feed and one eye is closed a lot

Can anyone tell me if my new chameleon purchased from petsmart is healthy? Said it was a male. Looks like a female to me

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 122
Can anyone tell me if my new chameleon purchased from petsmart is healthy? Said it was a male. Looks like a female to me
You have to look at the back feet for spurs to tell the difference between males and females when they're that young. Males have them females don't

The paleness could also mean he's about to shed. I'D suggest horn or silk worms to get his hydration up

When you mist him does he go directly for the leaves?
No but once I've walked away from his enclosure he usually moves for the thicker foliage. And I do get a bit of a drinking reaction during the misting. I got a fogger today so hopefully that helps. I'll look into horn worms next order I place, I've got a batch of dubias I need him to finish right now.

No but once I've walked away from his enclosure he usually moves for the thicker foliage. And I do get a bit of a drinking reaction during the misting. I got a fogger today so hopefully that helps. I'll look into horn worms next order I place, I've got a batch of dubias I need him to finish right now.
I would'nt wait on the worms. Just mix them in, always a good idea to mix the feeders up

Back
Top Bottom