Healthfulness?

I have several pictures of her. Can you tell me if there is anything unhealthy?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You must truly enjoy seing yourself write. Use common sense kid and this amazing thing.............GOOGLE.

Shes not gravid...you will know when she is. She will most likely go off of her diet and not eat, spend most of the day on the floor of cage and pace, and if theres a bin in there and the medium is sufficiently wet to hold a tunne and has branches to get in and out of bin, instincts will take over and she will lay. She knows the bin is there she naturallt knows how to lay eggs when and if the time comes she will do so on her own. Her still being a new cham i would seriously limit all the prying and handling and placing. Leave her be for a week and let her do what shell do and GRADUALLY get her usedto you. This has been said a bunch, added stress doesnt help, you yourself said you disturbed her. Just let her be a cham, give her food provide a dripper and mist. Let her settle

I'm with Onemorecast here ^
Several things. She "tolerates" me already and sometimes waits for me to pick her up, just sitting there staring at me. She also prefers for me to hand feed her, though that may be from previous feeding habits. Also she has been going down to that box for a week, and today started to sit IN the dirt. I covered her cage with towels. I'll peak in through a hole tomorrow morning.

Sigh..

Why don't you pick her up and gently palpate her her in her belly area. If she's gravid you'll feel the eggs. I think you're just overreacting, though

Chase

NickyChameleon asked "can you tell me if there is anything unhealthy" ....I point out the swollen toes that need vet attention and Nicky ignores it. I've tried to help you with your geckos but you're more interested in posting in the memoriam section which is where you post when your animal DIES. How many times have you been told that your chameleon isn't likely gravid but you persist. I've tried to tell you how to keep the chameleon healthy but I might as well talk to a wall. All of this points to trolling IMHO....so troll on....without my attention.

NickyChameleon asked "can you tell me if there is anything unhealthy" ....I point out the swollen toes that need vet attention and Nicky ignores it. I've tried to help you with your geckos but you're more interested in posting in the memoriam section which is where you post when your animal DIES. How many times have you been told that your chameleon isn't likely gravid but you persist. I've tried to tell you how to keep the chameleon healthy but I might as well talk to a wall. All of this points to trolling IMHO....so troll on....without my attention.

+1

-He has created a ridiculous amount of threads in a short time span for someone who has done (supposedly) a years worth of research. It's the same old story with him, but who knows? Maybe he really is "The Chameleon Whisperer". :rolleyes:

Several things. She "tolerates" me already and sometimes waits for me to pick her up, just sitting there staring at me. She also prefers for me to hand feed her, though that may be from previous feeding habits. Also she has been going down to that box for a week, and today started to sit IN the dirt. I covered her cage with towels. I'll peak in through a hole tomorrow morning.

I doubt she is waiting for you. My guess is she is just observing you cause you are the predator. My cham freeze when others are in the room, looking at him while with me he climbs around, walks towards me for some treats or climbs down at the floor and the door to tell me to open up the enclosure for him. Animals are interesting beings and each type have their own different body language. Just by observing them you'll learn a lot. The first weeks with my panther he would freeze or climb to his hiding spot where he spent a lot of time when he was injured. I would't say a cham "waits" to be picked up. To be blunt that would more be a stressed behavior. If she wanted to be picked up she would climb onto you by herself. Mine just recently started to climb onto me but I can tell he does not like it when I start moving and I've learned from observing and threads here that if I look at him while I hold him, that stresses him alot and he goes dark. My guess he feel exposed which is very likely due to being so close to me that is the top of the food chain, giant predator. After all, animals like that will always be close to their natural instincts

I doubt she is waiting for you. My guess is she is just observing you cause you are the predator. My cham freeze when others are in the room, looking at him while with me he climbs around, walks towards me for some treats or climbs down at the floor and the door to tell me to open up the enclosure for him. Animals are interesting beings and each type have their own different body language. Just by observing them you'll learn a lot. The first weeks with my panther he would freeze or climb to his hiding spot where he spent a lot of time when he was injured. I would't say a cham "waits" to be picked up. To be blunt that would more be a stressed behavior. If she wanted to be picked up she would climb onto you by herself. Mine just recently started to climb onto me but I can tell he does not like it when I start moving and I've learned from observing and threads here that if I look at him while I hold him, that stresses him alot and he goes dark. My guess he feel exposed which is very likely due to being so close to me that is the top of the food chain, giant predator. After all, animals like that will always be close to their natural instincts
No. I go up to the door and she climbs up, waits for food, and once just sat there like "hi human. What's up?" And just sat there until I left.

No. I go up to the door and she climbs up, waits for food, and once just sat there like "hi human. What's up?" And just sat there until I left.
Anyway back to the thing I actually need help on.... I know it's supposed to be 36" tall but if I get a 48" is that ok? Or even bigger possibly?
"Bigger is better"-Many

+1

-He has created a ridiculous amount of threads in a short time span for someone who has done (supposedly) a years worth of research. It's the same old story with him, but who knows? Maybe he really is "The Chameleon Whisperer". :rolleyes:
I don't claim to be a chameleon whisperer. I do rather well with the geckos outside, however. Know where they hide, know how to catch them, know what they'll eat, etc. also I didn't know the Anoles were considered the American chameleon, though as they do change from green to brown, it makes partial sense.

I don't claim to be a chameleon whisperer. I do rather well with the geckos outside, however. Know where they hide, know how to catch them, know what they'll eat, etc. also I didn't know the Anoles were considered the American chameleon, though as they do change from green to brown, it makes partial sense.
And as many have pointed out, I did research, yes. But mostly on Rudis chameleons actually, or Jackson's, Senegal, you name it. I wasn't expecting a veiled. Also I don't like google searching and I hold you in higher esteem than most of the sites Google pulls up.

And as many have pointed out, I did research, yes. But mostly on Rudis chameleons actually, or Jackson's, Senegal, you name it. I wasn't expecting a veiled. Also I don't like google searching and I hold you in higher esteem than most of the sites Google pulls up.
In a year or so, if Chiche does well, I might get another chameleon. Maybe, like I wanted to, a Jackson's. That would be fun. Of course, I'd research more, but it would be fun and maybe then people would stop bickering at me. Oh, and I've made several threads in "such a short time" because I'm anxious and worried about a chameleon who I thought was a male until a week ago. Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom