Has anyone ever used this before??????

I have one of those. Most people on here don't like them but if you cup feed your cham and make sure he doesn't poop in the waterfall, then it should be fine

I used to have the same thing. They're cool but it's a pain in the butt to remove and clean on a regular basis which must be done or bacteria will build. If your setup allows for easy removal and cleaning then I say go for it, it just didn't work for me.

I would not recommend any type of waterfall at least for chameleons as far as my research and other cham keepers have said. Unless.. just like Jac1582 said, if you pretty much clean it out everyday to maintain it to prevent bacteria build up then it would be a great addition to a enclosure setup. I really wanted one too because it would make my setup look so much nicer, but I'll stay with the less maintenance setup to make it easier for me to take care of Kiddo and to ensure an excellent health.

Technically the waterfall can be "standing water" as water is consistently covering an area where the water travels.

I am new to the chameleon world, but I've done much research(still so much to learn) before bringing Kiddo my 9 weeks old male Veiled Chameleon home. Jac1582

I've used a couple different waterfall/fountains in the past with other lizards and no matter how hard I would try the crickets would crawl in and clog the system. Eventually I figured it wasn't worth the hassle and took it out

No go on the waterfall in my opinion. Chameleons fall.. they do. accidentally or instict it usually happens! That gives them something nice and jagged to fall on. Or drown in. Not even talking about bacteria! That water must be changed daily if not everyother day.. none the less. It's a dangerous expensive pain in the butt..
Pros: looks cool, adds humidty.. that's it

Back
Top Bottom