Greetings from Charlotte NC

Sean1978

Hey guys, I'm Sean.

Not sure how to introduce myself on a pet forum so here goes:

I'm 29 years old and was in the Marines for 9 years. I calibrate electronic test equipment for a living.

Me and my girlfriend (over 3 years now) are into animals and spend lots of time at Zoos and aquariums.

Besides pets I'm a Nissan enthusiast and moderate on a Nissan forum for people in NC and SC.

We have a pet sun conure named "Mumbles". He's about 9 months old now and we love him:
l_ac6e8920bc008d4e0a06b4afd0fc2e83.jpg

l_f469b66468f157246fd1559107b91a32.jpg

We also have a pair of bald rats. Mr Mouse and "Stinky"
l_e059f7681867d82d1ba500f63111c5d8.jpg

I was into reptiles as a boy and have not had one in about 15 years. I couldn't afford anything cool so the most I had was Anoles.

After I saw a Chameleon at a pet store in Charlotte a few weeks ago I was very interested. I had seen them for sale in Japan when I lived there in the Marines a few years ago but couldn't keep pets at all.

I have been reading about them online for the last week, and me and my girlfriend would like to get one. We are unsure of the species and are aware of the costs. I'd add that I would never buy an animal I couldn't care for properly. One of my rats has been to the vet 3 times and I have spent several times the cost of a "new rat" keeping him healthy.

I'd like to meet some local chameleon owners to possibly see some successful setups and healthy Chameleons before I make any purchases.

here's a picture of us:

l_dc1ef3c0d85ff64c7f9cf272cc175cdd.jpg

the best chameleon to start off with is a veiled preferably a male and one of at least 3 months.do you have any questions in particular?

Welcome!! I agee with Brad, the parrot is more like keeping a cham.
Good Luck with your choice! I can't wait to see pics!!

My conure actually looks a lot better now then he did in that picture. He had not gotten all of his adult color and we didn't clip his wings again after we got him.

I talked to a local guy here on AIM and I think he might be able to help me out a bit through my process when I'm ready.

I have been amazed by the panthers, and I'd like to get one. I hear different things from different places as far as the difficulty of care goes, but I'm pretty good about all of my reading and will have a good setup 100% ready to go before I make any animal purchases. I'm hoping to have a look at a successful chameleon keepers setup in the near future.

I bought the Panther book from the bookstore guys,
panther_chameleon.jpg

I can dig in all next week on my business trip. I also have been reading up on enclosures and have something neat in mind. I have a friend who is a metal fabricator ;-)

welcome and semper fi I was in from 81 to 84. You'll find good info here and lots of help when you'll need it. Take your time and do a lot of research it will make keeping your first chameleon easier.

Back
Top Bottom