Got Stress??

glOckcOma

Buy a Chameleon!

I know I have said this before but I have owned many animals, and I know I have never had an animal stress me out so much as my chameleon does. I know they change colors, but this guy is making my hair change color too...TO GRAY HAIR!.....

Am I alone here in thinking this?

Sorry just venting, at the moment he hasnt eaten in past 2 days and still doesnt want to eat and its STRESSING ME OUT!!!!. I know they can go days without eating and that during this time of the year they slow down on food consumption, but it still gets me worried:(

LOL dont worry glockcoma we have all been there :p. Im only 22 and have white hairs already :( And the chameleon isnt helping, i was super stressed out when i first got her. Less stressed though now. How old is your nosy be?

Join the chameleon club of stressed out owners!! lol! Yes, they can be super rewarding as pets but I know I have more gray hairs on my head since I got mine. You do worry, about every little thing. It does get better though....:rolleyes:

LOL dont worry glockcoma we have all been there :p. Im only 22 and have white hairs already :( And the chameleon isnt helping, i was super stressed out when i first got her. Less stressed though now. How old is your nosy be?

Spartan is a year old, but I just have been his owner for about a week. and since I have had him he has only eaten 3 cricks that I know of, and about a dozen superworms.

Join the chameleon club of stressed out owners!! lol! Yes, they can be super rewarding as pets but I know I have more gray hairs on my head since I got mine. You do worry, about every little thing. It does get better though....:rolleyes:

Lol, I am happy to be a part of the club:D.

owning a cham can be very stressful but also extremely rewarding. maybe more so than any other pet reptile. Try to relax. Remember to keep a close eye on everything that goes into your chams body... suppliments, gutload... be very strict about things like that. be strict about not changing anything thats working & keeping things on schedule. this will make it much easier to pinpoint & correct problems as they occour. if in doubt, dont give more supps, give less & start over.

Yes, it's a common deliehma among us!!!!

I love them to dealth but they are capable of causing tons of stress on thier owners... which they seem to be happily unaware of! lol!

My friends and family think I am crazy when they hear all that is involved for caring for them! They think they are beautiful but once I start telling them what's involved most people "shreik" away! lol.....

But to all us crazies who are in loved and obsessed with them... saulte'! :D

people are constantly stressing like this over nothing. I think we often forget that if an animal were suicidal, it probably wouldn't have made it very far evolutionarily. if it's not eating a perfectly good food source, it's not hungry.

of course that is a bit of an oversimplification, but "chill out 4 rlz."

LOL i think that is just part of owning a cham :p
it gets easier once you get into the hang of things .... but being chameleons....something will always change once in awhile and throw you a curveball :p thats what my oldest has been doing to me lately :rolleyes: shes a brat :D
but in the end ...its worth every minute of stress!!! they are so amazing!

Stress? what stress?:cool:

as far as i know, ALL chameleons are "easy breezy lemon squeezy":cool:

Tell me about it, this morning I woke up and fed Hugh his Reptiworms, misted his cage, and turned on his dripper, didn't notice anything. Later that same morning as I took a closer look at him, I noticed his skin was a little "wrinkly" and his spine area looked to be a light grey. It FREAKED me out! At first I thought oh no, he's dehydrated but then I looked at his eyes and they are not sunken at all. At that moment I noticed the grey sking and thought NO it's a burn! So I pulled him out to take a closer look and I noticed a little crack in it so i'm assuming he's shedding. :D I'm so excited now but i'm still shooken up a little. :p

As long as I have a Cham, I will continue to worry.

Back
Top Bottom