got a doozy of a situation need advice/insight

tabbi

Ok so where do I start? .......so two months ago I went to a reptile show with the intention of purchasing either two female Jacksons or two female vieleds. I fell in love with two female Jacksons so I purchased them on July 26. A month later one of them had babies. I dealt with the surprise babies as best I could without any prior knowledge of baby jackson. I have 4 babies and they seem to be thriving. Well today my other much smaller jackson had 3 babies. With the research I have done and the help I have gotten on this forum and others I have concluded that the first momma is a xantholophus. Up until today I assumed the new momma was the same, now that she just had babies my thoughts are very different. If momma 2 was a xantholophus then she would have to be at least 1 year and some months but she is literally half the size of momma 1 who is a year plus or so I was told. Is it possible the guy sold me a dwarf as a xantholophus. even worse is it possible that this guy bred a dwarf with a xantholophus and now I have those babies? I'm so scared and worried for the mom she is very small like 4.5 inches (not including tail)

Welcome to the forum. It is hard for us to answer you without pictures, and something to show scale. Even on you finger will be fine. If you will get pictures, we have several people here who will be happy to help.

How many horns do the moms have? Xantholophus females usually have no horns. I have a VERY big, VERY gravid Xanth. Jacksonii Jacksonii are smaller and usually have three horns (or at least three nubs). Mt. Meru Dwarf females have one cute, curved horn on the tip if their noses. I have a pair of Jackson Dwarf chameleons. I got the pair this past October and six weeks later she surprised me with five babies which are now six weeks old. So, how many horns do you girls have and how are they and the babies doing?

Back
Top Bottom