Going to.....Madagascar

Chester222

Hi All,

Just thought I would pass along some jealousy-inducing news. My fiancee and I chose third-world Madagascar as our honeymoon destination, and just booked our trip. We will spend most of our time in the south, so will miss out on places like Ambilobe, Ambanja, Diego Suarez, etc., but we will go to Nosy Be, plus there are many other types of chameleons in the south (including parson's, i think). Should be amazing. I will take many pictures and will share them. We leave on June 3 and return June 18.:)

O wow... congrats on being engaged and planning and all, and yea... that's jealousy inducing!

Please do post pics when you get back, or if you decide to live there.. get net and post pics :p

I hope you two have a wonderful wedding and a steamy chameleon filled honeymoon ^___^

thanks, Trin. Should be a blast. Being animal lovers we thought it would be a good excuse to see that part of the world. Plus it's nice to contribute to their economy rather than "fill in some other touristy honeymoon spot". And it will literally be steamy in some parts!

Awesome! My wife and I are also planning a honeymoon in Madagascar but it's still in the beginning stages. Where is you itinerary taking you in the south? Unless you get far enough north like up to Fianarantsoa you're probably not going to see any Parson's. Should see lots of Ring-tails though!

Edit: Did you book through Cortez?

Hi Kent,

No, we didn't book through Cortez--it's actually substantially cheaper if you do it directly with a company that works in Mada (we're paying about 5000 for both of us, excluding airfare, for a 2 week trip). There are local companies, Australian, German, and American companies that do this too, and some who contract with local companies. My fiancee actually did most of the planning. Talk to her if you want (l can PM you her contact info).

Our itinerary includes the following towns:
Antananarivo (just to fly in and out)

Antsirabe
Ambositra
Fianarantsoa
Ambalavao
Toliara (Tuléar)

Within these areas we will see:

Exotic Reptile Park
Indri Reserve
Andasibe-Mantadia NP
Mitsinjo Association Forest station
Ranomafana NP
Anja Villagers Park
Fenêtre de l'Isalo
Isalo NP
Zombitse-Vohibiasa NP
Arboretum d'Antsokay
Ifaty forest and beach
Village des tortues

Initially we had planned to see the North, but a few people who have been there recommended the South for its rainforests, and b/c you can see rainforest, temperate, and dry highlands (where you see Baobob trees) all in one trip. It's just not feasible to see all in a two-week trip.

Let me know if you want to speak with my fiancee.

I am going to ask my parents for a trip like this as a college graduation present.. Its my dream to go there. Very lucky!

Oh, yeah! I didn't realize you were doing the Mantadia and Andasibe areas. You'll get to see lots of cool chameleons! Both in the National Parks (Ranomafana!) and at the farm. I can't wait to see your pictures!

I'm officially jealous - sounds like a fantastic trip. Have a blast and bring back lots of pics. BTW, I see you are living in Mt. Laural - I'm from Mullica Hill, and am happy to see cham people in my old stomping ground!

Michelle

wow, thats great!!!. i have a huge jar that i out all my change into so that maybe one day i can get there.

Back
Top Bottom