Getting A Tortoise?

A friend called me today to say she recently bought a baby herman's tortoise and now decided she no longer wants it and asked if I would take it instead and adopt it from her.

I do have a vivarium that's empty that is big enough for a full grown herman, so don't need to get a additional set up, just some accessories and thats it. Anyway I REALLY want to adopt the little guy but the life span concerns me, they live 100 years plus and is obviously going to out live all of my family members including me and I'd be worried would the next person look after him/her properly :confused:

I'm only 25 but looking at the little guys/girls future as I know some have them and not look after them properly, so dunno if to have him are not :)

So if you don't take him what guarantee does it have that whoever does will look after him for the rest of its life anyhow? At least you are interested in its welfare....and at least you have a lot of years to worry about finding it a home for when you're too old..no??

So if you don't take him what guarantee does it have that whoever does will look after him for the rest of its life anyhow? At least you are interested in its welfare....and at least you have a lot of years to worry about finding it a home for when you're too old..no??

I took him home today and OMG he's so adorable <3 :eek:

Back
Top Bottom