For Future Possible Issues

BKO Overdrive

Established Member
So im usually the type that likes the plan ahead, I have read a lot on here and there so much knowledge and helpful insight on the world of chams here. However i have one question. Sometimes they may get something stuck in there eyes that would require help, or sometimes they needs to be fed meds if they are sick. My question to this community is how would one go about doing that? My Vieled Julia i know would never ever let me near her if i needed to put saline solution in her eye or if she needs to take meds put anything in her mouth. She eats from my hand no problem and i set her on a schedule so that after a hour she wakes up i feed her. So she will walk to her "feeding" branch and wait till i feed her. Its actually kinda cute how she does that. But if i do not have food she will run from me. Do you have to force it? Or hold them so you can. I would think it would be a traumatic experience for them. Or are there tricks that you guys use? Shes about to hit the 7 month mark so ill be adding a laying bin for her. I put a picture of her in her terrarium, I just added the hibiscus plant and the pothos which replaced fake plants she tried to bite, didn't want a impact from eating fake plants. Would you guys and gals say the cage is to small for those plants? Im mostly not home because of my work schedule so everything i have is automated from her lights and dripper down to her mister. I use a different timer for the mister (monsoon) because i heard horror stories of the built in timers getting fried and auto misting till they ran dry, didn't want to run that risk so i do not depend on it. Below is her sitting on her branch wondering why dad (me) added all these new plants to her cage. Thanks

5151.jpg

If I have to medicate a feisty or stressy cham I turn the cage lights off or cover the cage for a while before handling so they chill down and get sleepier. This slows their reaction time and makes them a little less aware, as the brain is cooler. I usually wrap the cham in a soft cloth so they can grip something and they are easier to keep hold of.

If I have to medicate a feisty or stressy cham I turn the cage lights off or cover the cage for a while before handling so they chill down and get sleepier. This slows their reaction time and makes them a little less aware, as the brain is cooler. I usually wrap the cham in a soft cloth so they can grip something and they are easier to keep hold of.

Thank you very much, that is a good idea

Back
Top Bottom