food introduction

reptimanny

I just received my silk worms and phoenix worms in the mail thanks to mullberry farms:) and now i have to introduce them to my cham. She is a juvenile and she doesn't know anything other than crickets. How do i get her to eat the worms when she usually eats crickets? This would not be a big deal if my cham didnt show signs of early MBD so i need her to eat the enriched calcium phoenix worms and silk worms.

It's taken 2 weeks of making the wax worms move in front of my little 3 month old panther before he even went near them! lol

I guess just putting them on a vine or something where she can easily get it is the best thing to try really. That's how I eventually managed to get him interested!

Put them on a vine. The silkies crawl around and look good, then the chams see them and hopefully eat them.

the silkies are babies so they are real tiny (thats all that was available online) maybe ill see what they do when i let them loose in the enclosure.

i just gave einy her first silk worms today, i just put one on a vine infront of her and other on a lower vine with only its back legson the vine so it was wiggling alot, and i put the third in a shallow dish in the same place her dish allways is thatshe eats from, she ate the first one when it crawled onto a limp leaf and fell of and dropped on the vine infront of herand scared her, i guess she thaught she could take it easyly :p, then she just walked on o ver the the socondd one and gobbled him up, and left the one in the shallow dish sittin there.

i just gave einy her first silk worms today, i just put one on a vine infront of her and other on a lower vine with only its back legson the vine so it was wiggling alot, and i put the third in a shallow dish in the same place her dish allways is thatshe eats from, she ate the first one when it crawled onto a limp leaf and fell of and dropped on the vine infront of herand scared her, i guess she thaught she could take it easyly :p, then she just walked on o ver the the socondd one and gobbled him up, and left the one in the shallow dish sittin there.
Yeah im hoping that my cham eats them cause she needs her calcium intake. I put a couple loose ones on a vine and one in a dish

Back
Top Bottom