Foggers, Pothos, and everything in between!

I am really determined to make a diy fogger and mister now! I have the leap habitat fogger and I see about 80-90 for my humidity spike in the wee small hours, I'm really hoping to get to 100 percent. In your opinion do you think something like what James Built would have a higher fog output there for helping me reach that? Forgive me if I sound a bit ignorant because this is all still very new to me and I'm still very much in the adjusting period. I'm also wondering playing with how to seal up the enclosure better at night to hold in humidity? I have one of your dragon strands but I have replaced the pvc floor with a thicker piece of pvc with drainage holes through out... so I think that has absolutely made it harder to hold in humidity but I really like it for draining purposes. I am rambling. Thanks for any feedback

I am really determined to make a diy fogger and mister now! I have the leap habitat fogger and I see about 80-90 for my humidity spike in the wee small hours, I'm really hoping to get to 100 percent. In your opinion do you think something like what James Built would have a higher fog output there for helping me reach that? Forgive me if I sound a bit ignorant because this is all still very new to me and I'm still very much in the adjusting period. I'm also wondering playing with how to seal up the enclosure better at night to hold in humidity? I have one of your dragon strands but I have replaced the pvc floor with a thicker piece of pvc with drainage holes through out... so I think that has absolutely made it harder to hold in humidity but I really like it for draining purposes. I am rambling. Thanks for any feedback
The DIY fogger that James and I were talking about has the capability to produce more fog than the Leap because you can put in multiple fogging disks if you choose. The Leap has one disk. James did it with one disk. I had a five disk unit at the time so I was creating a serious cloud!
But I am curious about your situation as even with the single disk in the Leap fogger you should have no problem filling a Dragon Strand Tall hybrid with fog and getting very high humidity levels. 80-90 isn't bad at all, though! If you do want to experiment with getting higher you can block off part of the screen service door that provides the ventilation. You do not want to close it off entirely, but even half closed will provide enough air exchange to keep the cage from getting stagnant.

Awesome! Thank you! I was pretty happy with my 80-90 but always wanting to do even more if possible! Do you think it's possible the replacement flooring I put in the bottom is why? With all the air holes for the fog to escape? I know your cage is not the problem, but possibly my alteration is?

Awesome! Thank you! I was pretty happy with my 80-90 but always wanting to do even more if possible! Do you think it's possible the replacement flooring I put in the bottom is why? With all the air holes for the fog to escape? I know your cage is not the problem, but possibly my alteration is?
Unless you have a draft under the cage which is drawing the fog down I don't think drainage holes would have anything to do with it. If you have a picture could you post it? I can't imagine a scenario where drainage holes drilled in PVC on the floor would be the issue, but maybe I just don't have a creative enough imagination!

after i typed that out and submitted it... i thought man im really a boob sometimes haha

Now that I think about it more I should probably just add a couple more mistings to help boost the humidity.
Unless you have a draft under the cage which is drawing the fog down I don't think drainage holes would have anything to do with it. If you have a picture could you post it? I can't imagine a scenario where drainage holes drilled in PVC on the floor would be the issue, but maybe I just don't have a creative enough imagination!

Attachments

• 79E4AC47-1CAC-4F05-8251-B7E494E139BA.jpeg
    79E4AC47-1CAC-4F05-8251-B7E494E139BA.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 315E9C1E-FA23-41A5-B048-78D2ED398A35.jpeg
    315E9C1E-FA23-41A5-B048-78D2ED398A35.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 64
Now that I think about it more I should probably just add a couple more mistings to help boost the humidity.
after doing some actual thinking about it maybe if I just do a few more short misting throughout the fogging it will give me a good boost

I don't think the floor is going to be too much of a contributing factor. I think you are on the right track with adjusting the misting and fogging schedule

Thanks Bill! It was nice to meet Antilles and I of course loved the video from Madagascar.

Thank you @crosscutts for sharing your DIY fogger/mister design. It's a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom