Finally!!! Melleri Babies Emerge!!!!

Blimey Joel- 37 ??? They didn't hang around- I'm thinking of flying over and getting one or two or three! Great news and that's a lot of little black-mouthed babies to feed. :):ROFLMAO::D

Blimey Joel- 37 ??? They didn't hang around- I'm thinking of flying over and getting one or two or three! Great news and that's a lot of little black-mouthed babies to feed. :):ROFLMAO::D

RIGHT!! I was thinking after a day and with only about a third of the babies hatching, they would come slow and spaced out. Then, over night I have tubs full of babies. I was wrong!!!

I would love for you to have some of my babies!!

I have so many orders of feeders coming in that I'm sure the postman thinks I'm a weirdo!!

IMAG2851.jpg

IMAG2852.jpg

IMAG2850.jpg

Ooh babies, babies , babies, its so exciting , it's just too much! :love:They are so sweet, they look like little lichen encrusted babies.
I don't actually fly so I'll have to start swimming! Me arms are gonna ache! :ROFLMAO:
Please make a baby mellers video for all of us won't you!
Thanks for the wonderful pictures. LOVE the little teeth and the black mouth on that baby! Very scary.

Ooh babies, babies , babies, its so exciting , it's just too much! :love:They are so sweet, they look like little lichen encrusted babies.
I don't actually fly so I'll have to start swimming! Me arms are gonna ache! :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the wonderful pictures. LOVE the little teeth and the black mouth on that baby! Very scary.
Buy some pool noodles that will make it easier.

:ROFLMAO:I had no idea what a 'pool noodle' was so I googled, I learn something every day Thanks for the tip, I want those babies so bad I might just do it! :ROFLMAO:

Of course I will! I hate flying too. I force myself to do it when I have too. :confused:

Lol...I didn't have them free ranging. I had one crazy influx of babies. I was trying to move them and became nervous about dropping one or one climbing out and falling. So I let them sit on the plant. Then my "photo op" side took hold and botta bing!

But, this happened. I have been removing the empty eggs and keeping up with my count. I had two more babies in the box. I left them alone for a bit. When I came back they were still the only two and I removed them to put them in the enclosure. Later last night, I was counting the eggs and the number of babies I had and I was off by two. I FREAKED OUT!!!! I realized that two more babies had hatched in the interim and two had got out. I was on all fours scanning my closet and looking like a complete goon. Common sense says they go up...but escaped babies makes the mind breakdown in a way as to trump common sense! I found them though.

View attachment 164456
I just have to wonder what those two thought about the weird "forest" they managed to reach. I can just hear their little brains thinking
"Hmm, I think I'm standing out like a sore thumb on THIS tree....something's wrong here."

Mel because it's a mellers. I have Pan that's a panther. Cam because she's a "cameleon". Then there's Johnny but I didn't name him.

Better than my names: Orange because he has an orange head; Red Claw because he has particularly dark red nails, Bunny because her face rub (to the bone) is so bad and there are fractures that it looks like giant rabbit teeth; Two Horns because well; he's half a quad still waiting for a second set of horns; Miley because I couldn't take her to the vet and have them put on her records that I referred to her as Tongue because not only did she have a horrible face rub but her tongue had an abscess... My names lately have been pathetic. I do like Goldilocks because he is so bright yellow.

I just have to wonder what those two thought about the weird "forest" they managed to reach. I can just hear their little brains thinking
"Hmm, I think I'm standing out like a sore thumb on THIS tree....something's wrong here."
They were on the lookout for moths they figure since you dont use moth balls they could earn there keep

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Little tiny babies....I love them all, they're so awesome. What is your grand total as of today??

The total as of today is 41 babies. 43 hatched, but two hatched, walked around the bin a couple of laps and just fell over dead. But the others have been very strong and are eating like monsters.

If you want to see updated pics of the babies, I started a thread called "baby melleri madness" in the General Photography section of the Forum. I have been trying to update as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom