female red oustalet's what do you think

Breanna

so I saw an add on craigslist for a 1 year old female red oustalet's that comes with all of her belongings incliding her free range set up for $100 dollars I think they are desparate to get rid of it and could proabably get the price down a little lower. what do you guys think is this a good price, I dont know much about oustalet's so not sure if they are one of the harder speices to care for. let me know your opinion also i attached the photo that was in the add and the link to the add thanks again for any help and advise :D

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pet/1833623148.html

Attachments

• female red oustalet's.jpg
    female red oustalet's.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 170
they are actually very hardy
I think it is a good deal

I would search some care info
quickly though cause that offer looks like it is going to go fast

since you posted it on here:D

I would be over there quick i wanted her. She looks healthy from the pics. Ousties are supposed to be like puppy dogs as far as personalities go from what ive heard others say about theirs.

I saw that ad too. If you don't get it and it is indeed a male, watch out! I might want it more.

how can you tell a male and female apart? I am still debating I really want her/him but I would have to convince my husband who I dont think would be too keen on another animal

Oustalets are not costly, and it being a good deal depends on what it comes with and if the animal is as healthy as it appears in the picture.
Males of age are generally more brown.

Hi Breanna, I have a male had him just over 2yrs now & would say he is the easiest cham Ive ever kept not that fussy with their temps & love their food as soon as he sees me his tongue starts to pop out:D: Heatherxxx

Just FYI I emailed and the lowest they'd take was $80.. but you know how situations like this can be.

Just FYI I emailed and the lowest they'd take was $80.. but you know how situations like this can be.

I don't think I would quibble too much on the price. By the time you buy a cbb Oustie from a breeder, ship it, buy what you need for the "new" setup you just paid more than $100. The lights may not be worth much, but the plants, humidifier alone would be more than $20 (if you think of the cham at $80).

Think though, can you free range it? Caging a cbb cham that is used to being loose might be hard to do. Frustration on "her" part, worry on yours. Look at the base of its tail if you can...I'm pretty sure Ousties show the hemipenal bulge.

yea I know I got her to that price also, are you thinking about getting it?? I guess she is leaving for the weekend, I asked for more pictures and when she would be back and havent heard back yet

and the free range is the part that worries me, I have plenty of room in my house just not sure if I am ready for a lizard that is not in a cage i think i would worry about it all the time! but I do have a perfect spot for it... hmmm maybe but I still have to get an ok from the hubby:rolleyes:

does anyone know if they pooh big, silly question I know but what I love about my veiled is that they dont smell cause there pooh is small, but with this being such a big lizard I am assuming big pooh!

ya'll are lucky to find good deals on chams in AZ. Here in FL, Jax to be exact we hardly if ever find chams available at good prices. What you found is a good deal and those are awesome chams and very friendly as pets. Hope one of the two of you have the chance to adopt him, I am pretty sure it is a male and not a female :)

I'd have to find a place to free range. The temps etc. in AZ are already good for him. :p

Back
Top Bottom