EXPO in San Antonio, TX

Loni01

Hi folks,

is anybody at the EXPO in San Antonio, TX tomorrow?
If so, is anybody bringing feeder insects, especially mantis? And how about Panther girls?
Hope to see you there!!!

There usually aren't many chams at the SA expo. There is one guy who always has a bunch but they're all fresh wc. There are a few people that bring young veileds and panthers, but they're usually gone pretty early so go Saturday morning for best options!

Thank's for telling me. Its my first time to go to this Expo.
I just hope to find some insects because I had such bad luck with my shipped ones. Half of it was dead or escaped.
Also I wanted to see if I get a nice cage. And maybe I am lucky and I find a Panther girlfriend for my boys.

I work in SA and commute back to Houston on the weekends! I can't make it! :( I have Dubias if you're interested... :)

Hi loni its ace :), when you have the time post pics of your boys, i would like to see them. Have fun at the expo.
:D

Getting ready to head over there shortly my oldest is getting his first reptile, a leopard gecko he's super excited !

Man this show was a total bust. Pretty much only and handful of chameleons, mainly senegals and no veileds or panthers.

Sorry guys didn't get a chance to make it to that one :( we were super busy this weekend maybe next time we will make it out there :)

Hi everybody

Hey there, I went early right when they opened because of the advice I've got here, that the Chameleons are gone quickly.
She was probably right. I ran inside and just locked for the high cages and right at the first stop I bought my girl!!! They had 2 pairs of Panthers (blue bar). THe girl is pretty with yellow and she put her right on my hand. At home she wasnt so nice anymore hahaha. Anyway she is 8 month old and looks very healthy. I paid $200. I was so glad I did that because that was the only one girl at that age. The others were younger and more expensive too.
Then there was another booth with Panthers (somebody from this forum here), the boys were priced at $500 and the girls $300. The males were overpriced for my taste. Nothing outstanding. They had a Nosy Faly/Ambilobe cross. He was baby blue with red bars, very pretty thou. I talked to the guy and said it would be kinda pricy for a cross and he said the boy is just a display as an example for the other Panthers. But the others were Ambilobe's who would look different later on then that guy. Hmm, but he had beautiful colors. THen there were two others who had Senegals and Jacksons. These guys were more knowledgable and informed the customers of the Chams and took one out to show.
Feeders they had only crickets and superworms and some dubias. I was brave and bought some after the guy convinced me ho much better they are then the crickets. I have to admit I have some problems to catch the crickets. Normally the roaches gross me out but after he showed me that they dont jump or climb and he gave me a little procellan feeding dish for free and they stayed in there...I was hooked.
I saw some amazing lizards and geckos, some huge and tame like a dog, beautiful frogs and tons of snakes (but I am not a snake person). Oh and spiders...grrr (gross me out worse then roaches), lol.
It was small and I was hoping of more Chams, but I was prepared after somebody here told me there are not many of them.
But I got my girl!!!

Ace, one of my boys you know...cuz it was your boy. Is that him on your Avatar? I named him Monty, even if that doesnt matter because they can't hear anyway, lol. The other boy didnt arrive yet. He is the yellow body with red bars who was for sale here maybe one or two pages down.
But when he is here, I will post pics of my bunch.

TEXAS-Ranger, I hope to see you in September!!!

Hey there, I went early right when they opened because of the advice I've got here, that the Chameleons are gone quickly.
She was probably right. I ran inside and just locked for the high cages and right at the first stop I bought my girl!!! They had 2 pairs of Panthers (blue bar). THe girl is pretty with yellow and she put her right on my hand. At home she wasnt so nice anymore hahaha. Anyway she is 8 month old and looks very healthy. I paid $200. I was so glad I did that because that was the only one girl at that age. The others were younger and more expensive too.
Then there was another booth with Panthers (somebody from this forum here), the boys were priced at $500 and the girls $300. The males were overpriced for my taste. Nothing outstanding. They had a Nosy Faly/Ambilobe cross. He was baby blue with red bars, very pretty thou. I talked to the guy and said it would be kinda pricy for a cross and he said the boy is just a display as an example for the other Panthers. But the others were Ambilobe's who would look different later on then that guy. Hmm, but he had beautiful colors. THen there were two others who had Senegals and Jacksons. These guys were more knowledgable and informed the customers of the Chams and took one out to show.
Feeders they had only crickets and superworms and some dubias. I was brave and bought some after the guy convinced me ho much better they are then the crickets. I have to admit I have some problems to catch the crickets. Normally the roaches gross me out but after he showed me that they dont jump or climb and he gave me a little procellan feeding dish for free and they stayed in there...I was hooked.
I saw some amazing lizards and geckos, some huge and tame like a dog, beautiful frogs and tons of snakes (but I am not a snake person). Oh and spiders...grrr (gross me out worse then roaches), lol.
It was small and I was hoping of more Chams, but I was prepared after somebody here told me there are not many of them.
But I got my girl!!!

Ace, one of my boys you know...cuz it was your boy. Is that him on your Avatar? I named him Monty, even if that doesnt matter because they can't hear anyway, lol. The other boy didnt arrive yet. He is the yellow body with red bars who was for sale here maybe one or two pages down.

Monty is a great name, glad he is settling in nicely.

Lol we will try and make it to the next one . We should have lots of sub adults and babies by then :)

But I got my girl!!!

Back
Top Bottom