Exo Terra Vine

BleuSaphir

Avid Member
Is this vine perfect for adult and juvenile?

IMG_7538.jpeg

Is this vine perfect for adult and juvenile?

View attachment 346382

I haven't specifically used this type specifically but I used the flukers in the past. However, when I went to put them into Spikes enclosure........they were already crumbling really bad and I could see parts of the metal sticking out and stuff. So I won't use any fake branches ever again.

To me... it's too easy and makes too much sense to just use natural branches. If you live in a city that doesn't quite have that ease of access to branches, I would say use Flukers if you must.... but maybe look into alternative methods. Maybe you can get some branches shipped to you somehow or something.

I haven't specifically used this type specifically but I used the flukers in the past. However, when I went to put them into Spikes enclosure........they were already crumbling really bad and I could see parts of the metal sticking out and stuff. So I won't use any fake branches ever again.

To me... it's too easy and makes too much sense to just use natural branches. If you live in a city that doesn't quite have that ease of access to branches, I would say use Flukers if you must.... but maybe look into alternative methods. Maybe you can get some branches shipped to you somehow or something.
Yeah you have to pay attention to these when you get them. If they are old they are in horrible condition. Any fake vine will also break down over time and must be swapped out when they do. :(

Yeah you have to pay attention to these when you get them. If they are old they are in horrible condition. Any fake vine will also break down over time and must be swapped out when they do. :(
Yeah I had even orderd brand NEW ones and even those ones were instantly flaking! I trashed all of them. I do think there are plenty of circumstances where you can use them, but I think esp sitting under these lights.... they're just likely to deteriorate and for me, I just don't want to have them hurt my chameleon. Because I'd be the one that would happen to 🫠

It's so close to being amazing, but it sheds so much and makes it not very good. Seems like there not a very good replacement for natural branches. Fake vines fall apart, bamboo can allegedly cause splinters, and I've heard plain dowels are too smooth and uniform and not recommended. Maybe rubber tubing might work, but is ugly and might be too bouncy.

I’m using olive tree pruning waste from our garden. Best branches for the enclosure, no mold, rotting and good looking varied thickness. And best part it’s for free!

Yeah I had even orderd brand NEW ones and even those ones were instantly flaking! I trashed all of them. I do think there are plenty of circumstances where you can use them, but I think esp sitting under these lights.... they're just likely to deteriorate and for me, I just don't want to have them hurt my chameleon. Because I'd be the one that would happen to 🫠
Same experience.

Back
Top Bottom