Essential oil diffuser

Kclarke02

Avid Member
I have an oil diffuser that I haven't used since I brought Chloe home and I'm just curious about opinions/thoughts about it. I normally have it in my living room, but it would be across the room from her home. Is it safe to use in the same room, around her at all? I could see how floral or heavy scents could be harmful but what about lime, lemon, orange, etc...?

No, don't use it in the same room!! Many essential oils are, or contain respiratory irritants. Also, the vaporized oils will create deposits on room contents (including the leaves your cham drinks off of). I don't use incense, diffuser oils, scented sprays or plug in air fresheners near my chams or my birds.

Thank you. That's kinda what I was afraid of. I haven't used anything since I got her for fear of this! I had a cockatiel years ago that I think passed due to incense and I was devastated!

No, don't use it in the same room!! Many essential oils are, or contain respiratory irritants. Also, the vaporized oils will create deposits on room contents (including the leaves your cham drinks off of). I don't use incense, diffuser oils, scented sprays or plug in air fresheners near my chams or my birds.
This should be highlighted somewhere in care sheets, unless it has and I missed it. Essential oils are very popular these days, at least my wife really got into a few months ago. But we rarely use the diffuser. Usually it is applied to the body/skin or added to hot lemon water (in the case of Thiefs).

Thanks for this post.

Back
Top Bottom