EMERGENCY What is on my veileds mouth?????

Does she have a laying bin in there? Her nose doesn't look burned to me. It looks to me like she's been nosing around the soil or rubbing it on the inside of her cage or both like a carpet burn and it might be irritated or slightly infected.
Defiantly not soil I already tried cleaning it. I just cleaned with some diluted hand soap

Do you guys know about how long until it heals because this specific one is actually for sale and someone wants to know when they can pick her up. I don't want them to pick up a burned chameleon

It looks like a rub.

You mentioned she was on the bottom looking for a place to lay. She could get a rub that way, often on the screen as they root around and are restless.

Do you have a laying bin for her?

The black mark is what damaged skin looks like. It often takes many sheds to get rid of those marks. I have one wild caught that had a really bad rub in the same place--almost ripped off her lips. She still has a big black mark there 8 months later and 60 grams heavier. I wouldn't worry too much about that mark unless it is an infection, which is not good, but I'm not sure she even has an infection. Your pictures are not clear enough to tell.

If she is on the floor rooting around, she likely is looking for a place to lay and she desperately needs an appropriate laying box.

Do you guys know about how long until it heals because this specific one is actually for sale and someone wants to know when they can pick her up. I don't want them to pick up a burned chameleon

Chameleons and reptiles in general usually take some time to heal. If I were you, I'd be honest with your buyer and see if what they want to do.

It looks like a rub.

You mentioned she was on the bottom looking for a place to lay. She could get a rub that way, often on the screen as they root around and are restless.

Do you have a laying bin for her?

The black mark is what damaged skin looks like. It often takes many sheds to get rid of those marks. I have one wild caught that had a really bad rub in the same place--almost ripped off her lips. She still has a big black mark there 8 months later and 60 grams heavier. I wouldn't worry too much about that mark unless it is an infection, which is not good, but I'm not sure she even has an infection. Your pictures are not clear enough to tell.

If she is on the floor rooting around, she likely is looking for a place to lay and she desperately needs an appropriate laying box.
She does have a laying box I believe she is laying them right now

She is in the middle of laying eggs right now and she needs to be picked up in 2 hours. I will change the pickup to later if she isnt done in forty five minutes or so.

Please don't disturbed when she's laying. Let her lay the eggs in peace, fill in the hole, return to the branches.

Do the people who are buying her know about the snout and that she will have just laid eggs when they get her??

She is in the middle of laying eggs right now and she needs to be picked up in 2 hours. I will change the pickup to later if she isnt done in forty five minutes or so.

She needs a heck of a lot more than minutes or hours to recover from laying eggs. She is not out of the woods just because the eggs are laid. I've had some I worried for days and days after laying. She needs extra care--extra water, calcium and food. She does not need to change homes right now.

Back
Top Bottom