Eggs Hatching

I need advise. My chameleon eggs are beginning to hatch. Do I leave my container with lid on or off? Please advise. Thanks!!

As time gets close to hatching or first signs of "egg sweating" I usually punch two little pin holes on lid and keep eye on moisture so it doesn't dry out before the reminder hatches.

In your case, id either crack the lid for gas exchange or poke a couple of small holes

I never take the lid off or crack it and if there's a baby inside the container and out of the egg I take it out as quickly as possible and get the lid back on so that the substrate and eggs don't dry out.

I never take the lid off or crack it and if there's a baby inside the container and out of the egg I take it out as quickly as possible and get the lid back on so that the substrate and eggs don't dry out.
THANKS! Do eggs normally hatch exactly at 9 months or before? I had eggs since 8/29

I take them out shortly after they hatch, some people leave them in the container with the rest of the eggs for a day, hoping the neonates crawling among the unhatched eggs will stimulate them to hatch. The newly hatched neonates (panthers) won't eat for a day or two, but they will drink water.
Hi! I have a few more questions because i'm new at this. When do i get the chameleons out of the container? What type of setup do we put them in? When do we start feeding them? Thank you!!

I take them out shortly after they hatch, some people leave them in the container with the rest of the eggs for a day, hoping the neonates crawling among the unhatched eggs will stimulate them to hatch. The newly hatched neonates (panthers) won't eat for a day or two, but they will drink water.
What type of setup do you recommend for newly hatched?

Back
Top Bottom