Eggs are hatching but...

HUBSonDUBS

Established Member
My eggs are hatching today, I checked them yesterday and nothing and today when I checked them two of them are beginning to hatch but I see no movement, are they still alive??? They are panther eggs and are 6 1/2 months today.

Attachments

• eggs.jpg
    eggs.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 166
They sometimes lie in the pipped egg for several days while they consume their last free meal- the egg yolk sac. I wouldn't worry about them yet nor disturb them. Let us know what transpires. Oh, by the way, congratulations! This will be exciting for you.

Ok i checked again today and another eggs has cracked open at one end and my biggest egg is sweating. It looks like the head of the egg that was broken yesterday looks to be back a little further in the egg? Still none of the chameleons have emerged still sound like normal.

Ones out...This is my first cham ever, very exciting.

Attachments

• 1 cham hatch.jpg
    1 cham hatch.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 138
everything sounds normal to me. sometimes they go back in the egg for a day or so.

congradulations on your first hatchlings!!!!

get the fruit flies and the pin heads ready. new hatched chams don't eat righ away ... they start feeding after 2 or 3 days.

Congrats! Be patient, don't try to pull them out. Let them do it on their own. Some of them will sit for awhile, even a couple of days before they emerge.

Back
Top Bottom