Egg?????

TikiTimer

I found this in my Veiled Chameleons water this morning....Is it an egg or what??? This is in regards to my chameleon that I am not sure if it is a boy or a girl, so hopefully by this "egg" I will finally know! and here is My He/she Veiled!

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 153
Thats a girl.
And that does look like and egg it seems quite small to be a veiled cham egg, but obviously being infertile it is possible to be that size.
She wont only have one egg she will have 15-50 eggs you do have a egg laying box in there right?
She needs one to lay or she will become eggbound.

Definitely a "she".
You need to get her in a egg laying bin ASAP!
Take a large bucket, large garbage can, or a large rubbermaid and fill it up with a mixture of play sand and peat moss.
You can also mix it with play sand and bed-a-beast.
She needs to dig a hole and deposit some infertile eggs.
You don't need to breed female veileds in order for them to produce eggs.
If they are kept at a warm temperature with an excess amount of food they will readily lay infertile eggs.

How old is she?

edit*
If she doesn't lay her eggs soon, then she could possibly die from being eggbound.

Good luck

Last edited:
Yes I have a 5 gallon pot filled with dirt in "her" cage...Why wont she use it?

And next to this "egg", haha, There was some poo in the water...Normal? And the reason I never knew for sure if it was a she or he was cuz of the little bump on the back foot, And it seems to have a little hemipenal bulge.

And the egg, if that is really what it is, is squishy, feels like a water saturated gummie bear or something, And thats what I thought too, that it was small.

So just for my own knowlege, haha, How are you all so positive it is a girl, Like what are seeing? NOT saying that I am doubting you all, I believe you 100%, haha Just so I know for the future...And of course other than the egg she just laid, hahaha...Like so next time I wont have to wait for it to lay an egg to tell, haha And thanks for all of your quick resposes!

The water from his little dripper has to go somewhere....It drips into a container that looks like a rock, and then I take it out everyday and dump it. Cus I like to have water dripping for quite awhile and I have to empty it all the time or else it would overflow.

So even though it is small it can still be an egg? If I crack it will there be a yoke like a regular egg? Or not? And why do you think she isnt using the dirt I have in there?

Male Veiled's show WAY more colour and pattern. She is mainly green with a bit of colouration.

Also, she doesn't have the spurs on the back feet as the males would have. Just check out some pictures of male veiled's and you can definitely see the difference!!

As for why she may not be laying in the dirt.. I had a female that was laying and she HATED sand and dirt.. the moment I put moist vermiculite in there with her she laid them within 10 minutes! They say this is not what they are supposed to have but it seemed to work for her!!

Back
Top Bottom