Egg incubation questions

Kboz1991

Avid Member
Okay so I setup containers with about 2 inches of hatchrite I didn't add water because people said not to but I'm not sure it seems dry. This is my first time with eggs the containers are completely sealed. The temp of the closet I have them in is between 73 and 78 degrees is this exceptable ? Any help would be great I read a bunch of articles on this. Thank you

Attachments

• 20160626_183655.jpg
    20160626_183655.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 110
I also wrote how many grams it weighs on the containers so if it dries up I can add a little water

I have them in is between 73 and 78 degrees is this exceptable ?
Yes that is the right range temperature,u can alway add some drops of the water in the 4 corner of the container when it need to,healthy eggs should stay plump not cave in or mold.

Okay I looked today they didn't seem much different but is only been 1 day I will begin checking once a week. I have one more question after my female laid she ate heavily calcium dusted crickets super worms and phoenixworms and is drinking a 1:4 ratio mix of water and Pedialyte. My question is her color has not went back to normal she's really skinny and I didn't feel anymore eggs in her belly is this normal?

Okay I looked today they didn't seem much different but is only been 1 day I will begin checking once a week. I have one more question after my female laid she ate heavily calcium dusted crickets super worms and phoenixworms and is drinking a 1:4 ratio mix of water and Pedialyte. My question is her color has not went back to normal she's really skinny and I didn't feel anymore eggs in her belly is this normal?
Sometimes it takes more than couple days for the female to change her colors back,make sure she cant see the male from her cage,keep up all the dusting calcium n keep her well hydrated,hornworms n silkworms will be a good choice for her right now to replenish what she needs.

Thank you very much for your help I very much appreciate it. If I have any questions about the eggs can I pm you?

Some say yea some say no I didn't because that's what it says to do woth hatchrite.I believe if you do you gave to monitor the hydration of the eggs much more. I also myself put them in containers in a big container filed wroth a little water I heard it helps the temperature not fluctuate nearly as quick. But this is my first time also I just read a lot of articles and ask every question I need.

Are you suppose to poke holes in the lid? I'm just learning myself.
U dont really have to,some people do that some dont,it all depends on ur humidity level,u will see condensation on the lid or on the side which is normal as long the egg stays plump n the medium is not too wet,u should be good to go.

Some say yea some say no I didn't because that's what it says to do woth hatchrite.I believe if you do you gave to monitor the hydration of the eggs much more. I also myself put them in containers in a big container filed wroth a little water I heard it helps the temperature not fluctuate nearly as quick. But this is my first time also I just read a lot of articles and ask every question I need.
I heard echoing...lol

Thank you very much for your help I very much appreciate it. If I have any questions about the eggs can I pm you?
U are more than welcome n of course u can pm me if u like,also u can always weight ur egg container so u know they getting heavier month by month,keep a log with u,open the container once a month just to check the humidity n let in some fresh air,its good for the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom