Ebay Sells Cham Eggs?

urawrath

I think it is crazy there are vendors on ebay that sell cham eggs. I've seen veiled and panther eggs on there. What do you guys think?

I just went and checked. There is a guy that has three ads up for an individual Panther chameleon eggs right now. Selling for $50, plus another $40 for shipping and handling. I have seen a couple posts on here about hatching shipped eggs, where they have had good luck with it. I am also curious what other people think. I am very curious what percentage successfully hatch, and how many of the buyers successfully raise their newly hatched babies.

I purchased an egg recently from one of the ebay sellers. It came in packed very well and the egg looks great. It never even moved thru shipping. I was pleased.

I think it would be cool as hell to hatch a family member vs buying/shipping one that is a few months old!

Still id be terrified of doing it myself.

I think this can be very cool for an experienced keeper. But I've heard way too many new chameleon owners drawn in under the "experience" and the low price of course...only to find that caring for neonates isn't always the easiest, especially being completely new to Chameleons. I've heard a very high hatch success rate. What you don't hear is what the survival rate is...just my 2 cents.

Survival rate for panther and veiled babies I would imagine is extremely high for most. I'm currently raising up 40 babies from 2 different clutches I hatched. i think the most important thing for a new keeper is to do lots and lots of research. With a proper set up and proper food plus lots of misting I think most will be successful with a hatchling from these 2 species.

Back
Top Bottom