eating veggies...

Lyneeso

My 8 1/2 month old female veiled chameleon eats ANYTHING! I feed her plenty of crickets and roaches and worms but she will eat and seems to LOVE pineapple, grated carrot, fresh spinach, romain lettuce, softened kidney beans, apples, oranges, small pieces of cooked chicken, and the list goes on... I have fed her all sorts of fruits and vegetables and she seems to get more "excited" about the fruits and veggies than her regular worms or crickets. I am wondering how common this is and if there is anything I should avoid feeding her. Thanks :)

I would avoid feeding tomato I believe I read somewhere that the leaves are toxic and I would only assume that the tomato itself is as well.

I would avoid feeding tomato I believe I read somewhere that the leaves are toxic and I would only assume that the tomato itself is as well.

thats for natural caught horn worms, but there are trace amounts of some bad acidic elements in there, but if you sundry them for 2-3 days and they dry out they have pretty good store of vitamin A in there, and are no longer toxic (from what i have read)

thats for natural caught horn worms, but there are trace amounts of some bad acidic elements in there, but if you sundry them for 2-3 days and they dry out they have pretty good store of vitamin A in there, and are no longer toxic (from what i have read)

Okay so are you saying that the tomatoes themselves do contain some traces of acidic stuff or that the leaves do?

Eating veg and fruit aint a bad thing :)
Might avoid using cabbage, broccoli, spinnach, and perhaps not too much citrus lemon, orange, pineapple
Tomatoe fruit isnt toxic, but its acidic.

Back
Top Bottom