Dubias and crickets together?

I dont, but I have had success with one cricket in there. I was told that the roaches might eat the crickets or vise versa,but somehow this one cricket got in there as a pin head and has grown into a full size cricket, who is very loud! I named him cricket joe and he is now my pet:D:p:rolleyes:

I dont, but I have had success with one cricket in there. I was told that the roaches might eat the crickets or vise versa,but somehow this one cricket got in there as a pin head and has grown into a full size cricket, who is very loud! I named him cricket joe and he is now my pet:D:p:rolleyes:

thats pretty funny

haha i only got 20 of them to try them out, realized I hated them and I let the rest go, I really don't know how he got in there. But I can't believe how people keep 1000s of them, one is loud enough :p

you get used to it... or i did. my fiance thinks im crazy but i just shut the door to the cham room and i cant hear it :p

Haha nice.
So anyone have luck with this I mean crickets eat each other..

I'm not sure. Dubias are quite clean compared to other insects. Crickets on the other hand are very messy and produce alot of ammonia which can cause mass death among the colony. I don't know how roaches do with ammonia, but they would probably just feed on the dead crickets and maybe even the waste the crickets produce.

In other words, the dubias might keep the crickets waste in check. Its worth a shot. I have never done it, but I have grown flesh eating beetleswith both crickets and dubias, but seperate colonies. ( It apprears they prefer the messeir crickets). It would be a nice experiment! Try it with afew dozen.

Though I've never tried it I suspect the crix might chew on or kill Dubia nymphs, newly molted instars, or the adults' wings. They are cannibalistic, unlike the Dubia. Dubia need more humidity and I've always read crix need to be kept dry.

Well in my gut load bin I never have them eating each other but ima give it a go and see what happens. I could see the molted dubia being vulnerable but it would just take off away from it tho. Ill see what happens:)

I had similar experience, but with a roach in cricket bin. It was there for a few weeks until I took him out ;) He was my 'pet' for a little while too :D

:p FUNNY BUNNY :p

Back
Top Bottom