Dropping tongue out of mouth

Boy does that take me back to when Charlotte swallowed her tongue. I'm glad it seems like she's going to face a quick recovery in the hands of Dr. A. Best of luck with her!

I am very happy to have her home again and I feel very fortunate that Repticon was going on and I was able to take her right to see Dr A.

Usually when something happens on Sunday your SOL and have to find an emergency vet.

Dez that video was terrifying. I hope I never have to witness that happening to a cham. It's so sad that all these awful things can happen to chameleons. Hazel's looking good now and I hope she stays well.

For some reason I cant find a way to make a post of my own for my problem but I’m having a tongue issue and this seemed like the best thread to check. I really hope someone can help me...

I bought crickets today for my year old, female veiled chameleon. I went to hand feed her one and when her tongue shot out, she wasn’t able to pull it back into her mouth. I tried hand feeding her twice and the same thing happened both times...I looked at her eyes and they looked a little sunken in, so Ive been giving her extra mist, but I’m worried...if anyone has any knowledge for why she wouldn’t be able to pull her tongue back in, I would greatly appreciate it. Some side notes about this situation are that she seemed to have trouble coordinating herself...she missed the cricket the first time and hit my finger, she was walking kind of drunk...I was away on vacation and left her in a friends care...I’m wondering if he didn’t feed her for 3 weeks...could she be starving to death and just struggling to survive at this point? Please help!!!

Her tank is about 3 feet tall by 2.5 feet wide by 3-4 feet deep, she has a dripper plant for water, she eats gut loaded crickets with calcium powder and chameleon multi vitamins.

Back
Top Bottom